CHAPTER 9:

EDDIE'S P.O.V —

I knocked one more time in MJ's room but she still didn't open it.

I rubbed my hands on my face and walked to Buck, beside him was Christopher.

"She won't let me in." I said.

Buck groaned.

"This is the first time that she did this to me." I sighed.

"Who even started this fight?" Dad asked.

"It was mom." I said.

"And didn't you think about what MJ will feel about this?" He turned to mom.

"I was just saying the truth! We don't know her that well." Mom defended.

"She's just a child! What would she do to us?" Dad yelled.

"Dad.. please don't yell. There's a kid here." I said, talking about Chris.

"Christopher, why don't you go to your room? Your grandparents and your dad are just gonna talk for a while." Buck said to Christopher.

"Why?" Christopher asked.

"Because, this is a conversation between adults." I said.

"No, I'm not going."

"Chris."

"If this is just some normal talk I'll be in my room in no time, but this is about my sister. And you don't get to talk bad about her." He said and looked at mom.

"Christopher, don't talk to your granmother like that. She's still your grandma." I said.

"But MJ's my sister! I don't care if she's older than me. If she won't confront you about this then I will!" He insisted.

"Christopher." Buck leaned into him. "I know you want to protect your sister, and that's so good of you. But this time, just us adults will talk about this, okay?" He explained to him.

Hope he would listen to him..

"Fine." Christopher said, he sounded pissed off.

"Thank you." Buck said.

He got up from his knees as Christopher went to his room and closed the door, not even looking at mom.

— BUCK'S P.O.V —

As soon as Christopher got into his room, Eddie spoke.

"Listen, mom. This is the last time that I'll say this. If you ever talked about MJ like that again, you're not gonna like what I'll do."

His mom gasped in shock, "Don't you threaten me like that, Eddie. I'm still your mother."

Eddie scoffed, croosed his arms, "Try me." He said with a sharp glance.

"Eddie.." I whispered ro him.

"What? I'm not gonna let any one bully my daughter."

After he said that he threw another sharp glance at his mom, walked into his room and slammed the door.

"I can't believe him!" His mom shouted.

"Go in the car, please." Eddie's dad said.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes and went outside.

My eyes followed her until she was out of my sight.

"Now I know where Christopher got his attitude." I said.

"Eh.." He shrugged his shoulders, "For me, now I know where Eddie got his attitude from."

I nodded slowly.

"I think it's in the genes." He said, and I just nodded again.

"By the way, We'll get going before my wife starts a fight with me. I had a great time. And I'll tell you what, next week we'll be here again–I'll ⁶be here again and hang out with the kids since I'm already retired and so you guys can go to work." He said.

"Thank you, that's so kind of you. I'll see you next week then." I smiled at him.

"Alright. Good luck with the three of 'em!" He patted my shoulders and left the house.

Now I need to talk with the three of them.. great.

Of course I went to MJ's room first, because she was the one who way more affected from this.

"MJ?" I knocked.

I couldn't hear anything but I knew I was hearing her muffling her cries. Poor MJ...

"MJ, it's Buck. ease let me in?" I said, still no response.

But just a few secomds later she. opened the door and peeped through.

"Can I come in?" I asked her.

She nodded and let me in.

We sat on her bed. She put her blankets around her.

We both talked for a while.

I was so glad to make her smile and laugh even though I knew that the pain she was feeling from her grandmother's words was still fresh in her mind.

After a while of talking, MJ wanted to have a nap so I left her and went to Christopher's room.

I talked to him too. I explained all that had happened earlier. Christopher was mad at her grandma, I didn't dare to talk him out of it.

And lastly, I went to Eddie's room. He was walking around the room.

"Eddie.." I said to get his attention and he looked at me.

"Where..?" He asked.

"They already left." I said.

"I-I need to talk to MJ and Christopher. They shouldn't have heard that, especially MJ." He tended to get out of his room but I stopped him.

"I already did. MJ's taking a nap and... and Chris, he's really mad at his grandma."

"Did you talk to him about it?" He asked.

"I didn't even dare." I shook my head.

"Oh.." He muttered.

"How are you?" I asked and went close to him.

"Mad at my mom." He sighed.

He started walking around the room again and stopped in front of me.

"I'm such a terrible dad, Buck. I-I..." He said running his hands on his hair.

"Stop it, Eddie. You're not, okay?" I held his hands.

He sighed.

I let him sit on his bed and we talked for a while, calming him down.

After a few minutes of talking, he said that I should go home to take a rest. And he didn't give me a choice. So, I said goodbye to him and left.

Why does it look like I'm a father of three kids?

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Hey loves! I hope that is worth it! In the next chapter, there'll be a big time skip. I just want to let you know :)

Btw, that's all. Love you and take care <3

-J. Anaaa