Closure

Fantasia was fighting her emotions not to show.
"Mom, you okay?" Zoe asked her. Fantasia faked a smile nodding. "I'm perfect. Oh snap look at the time. Well, take your brother. And go to your rooms. Love you see you tomorrow" Fantasia said running out. She got in her car slammed the door and rested her forehead on the steering wheel. Whimpering., "Fuck Fantasia. That was stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid fuck!" she cursed hitting the steering wheel... Regretting every word she spat.

She couldn't drive, it was after midnight. She ended up sleeping in her car.
The next morning...
Yana woke up early because she had a flight to catch. She saw Fantasia's car in the driveway.
She knocked on the window.

Fantasia woke up, gasping because she didn't mean to fall asleep. She fixed her face in the mirror before rolling down the window.
"I'm leaving," she said immediately. Yana smiled a little. "Without coffee?" She asked. Fantasia was embarrassed. "I didn't mean to sleep out here." she felt the need to explain. "Are you okay?"
Fantasia looked at the ring on her finger swallowing hard. Yana followed her eyes.
"I knew it, you are not okay with this are you?"
Fantasia looked down. "Hey, this is a safe place. I too don't think this is a good idea, I mean she and I haven't even said I love you yet, I will take this off, tell her no. If you promise me to sleep in your bed, this is not good" Yana said. "'Why would you give up Taraji for me?"

"I'm not giving her up. I'm making sure this is not a mistake. I wanna marry her, I just want her to want to marry me, she's not ready and I think it has something to do with you. You two need closure. I don't want us to make drastic decisions that will affect the kids negatively, I care a lot. So about that coffee?"

"Thanks, Yana, you are amazing. I see why Taraji is crazy about you. but I'm running late for a doctor's appointment. I'm just gonna go. Please don't mention me sleeping out here to my ex-wife or my ex-husband please"

"Deal," Yana said.
"wait, Doctor's appointment? Regular check or something is wrong?" Yana asked.
"Regular check!" Fantasia said rolling the window.
She pulled away.

Yana went inside and found Ken in the living room with the baby. "Did Fantasia sleep in her car?" Ken asked. "No, what... No!"
Ken gave her a serious look. "Okay yes but I promised not to tell, so please don't tell Raji"

"Tell me what?" Taraji asked coming downstairs.
"Nothing!" Yana said turning rapidly.
"Ken?" Taraji asked. "It's Tasia, she slept in her car," Ken said.
"Oh. Well, I have a virtual meeting in my office, if anybody needs me" Taraji was walking away.

"Stop Taraji. Stop pretending like you don't fucking care. You care" Yana said. The tone was new, Taraji had to know she was fed up. She turned. "Baby who's pretending? I don't care anymore, now can I go set up for my meeting?"

"No."
"No?" their first fight. Ken stood up. "I will set up, you two need to talk," he said walking away.
Yana took off the ring. Taraji's eyes widened.

For a second there her heart broke, thinking "Maybe I'm not meant for love"
"I can't marry you like this. If you want us to work you will get closure from your ex." Yana handed the ring.
Taraji looked at it in her hand. She was getting upset.
"She broke off our marriage, I still don't know why Yana, I was broken into pieces and I proposed to the one woman I thought loved me, her sister, who turned me down because of Fantasia. I finally moved on and I found you, and you turning my proposal down because of Fantasia. How am I supposed to feel?" She was about to cry.

"You don't wanna marry me, baby—"
"I do!"
"No, you don't. You desperately wanna flush Fantasia off your system. That's all. I'm not going anyway, I'm here. I just need you to get closure, then I will marry you in a heartbeat baby" Yana said. "Talk to her, find out why she broke things off, why she married Danielle, why she left for three years. Tell her how you feel. Then I promise baby, if you still wanna marry me after the conversation, we will get married ASAP!" Yana said.
Taraji lifted her eyes.
"you are amazing you know that? And I will be a moron to let you walk, so I'm fixing this right now," Taraji said matching to the door.