Can I please Come Home?

The retirement party was big, rich people and prominent people were invited, plus her family.

She landed. They made her feel like Royalty. Taraji wasn't at the party, she was at their spot, the cold spot by the back deck. Listening to the birds chipping and eating her brain and skull all together while circling her fingers on her engagement ring.

Nobody knew where she was but Fantasia had a clue.

"Where is the President? Somebody find her to make the toast!" some billionaire guy said. "She is not in the house; she had to–she, she's not here, she has a call," Her secretary said, stuttering.

"somebody else make a toast already; we don't have all day!" Fantasia said.

"I will!" Jack said and made a funny toast. They all laughed.

They drank and danced.

People ask Fantasia what her next move was, cause they were all willing to invest in whatever she does next.

One particular billionaire even wrote her a blank Check.
"I have faith in you; I want to invest in whatever you do after this send-off," he told her. She took the check and promised to think about it.

The Night started being boring. That's 2 hours since the party started. Taraji was still on no-show.

"Where do you think she is?" Paris asked her wife.
"Baby, I told you, forget about my mothers, will you? Wherever she is, she chose to be. Can we not think about her right now? I'm kinda happy she's not here."
"Why, she should be here! She's family... And the President"

"Yeah, She is, but with them in one room, something always goes wrong; they are better off apart," Halle added. Paris was sad. "bummer" She muttered. "Why do you care so much about Fantasia and Taraji anyways, and how they choose to fuck up this family?" Halle asked her wife. "I strongly believe they love each other too much to be apart. Their love is beautiful when it's embraced. They are a powerhouse together. Plus, they are my son's grandparents, and I love them dearly".
"You are sweet babe, but can't you just love them separately like the rest of us?"

Paris groaned walking away from her wife. She interrupted Fantasia talking to some potential investors. "Excuse me, Gentlemen, I need a second with my mother-in-law," She said respectfully before she whispered to Fantasia.

"Do you know where I can find her? Please, I won't tell anybody; I just want to make sure she's fine," She whispered. "she's fine; everybody getting married should be fine, happy, freaking psych, ed" Fantasia said with hostility. "Please" Paris begged. "The back Deck, the Cold one because of the outside lake, take the second floor," Fantasia said. "Thank you, Mummy!" Paris said and rushed away.

She went there, it took her a minute to find the spot. She saw Taraji getting high on a smoke.
She cleared her throat; Taraji dumped her joint and stepped on it with a 6-inch high heel.
Paris approached. "There you are!"
"Here I am! What?" Taraji snapped while drowning her breath in some gum.

"Everybody looking for you. I was worried sick" Paris said.

"I'm Fine Paris... Is it over yet? Can I come out now?"
"Almost. I heard the guest of honor talking about leaving in 30 minutes." Paris said.
Taraji spat out her gum, trashed it, and put another one in her mouth. "Do me a favor. Can you tell her to come out here? I wanna talk," Taraji said. "Of course. And here, she won't know you've been, smoking" Paris gave Taraji a breathmint.
"Thanks," Taraji said, accepting.

Paris walked back to the event and grabbed Fantasia's arm. "The president would like to see you; she begged to see you alone," Paris told her.

"I'm busy."
"please. Please, mummy, please now, just hear her out," Paris said. Fantasia groaned and matched to the stairs.