Chapter twelve: Unveiled Bonds

Y/N had a wonderful time training with Kakyoin. She felt invigorated by the experience and appreciated the chance to bond with a friend through their shared abilities. After saying their goodbyes, she made her way back to the hotel, a smile lingering on her face.

As soon as she stepped into the hotel room, her nose was assaulted by the pungent smell of beer and cigarettes. She coughed, her expression turning to one of disgust. She had always hated the smell of cigarettes, and the combined odor of alcohol made it even worse. Her eyes scanned the room until they landed on Jotaro, who was sitting on the balcony, a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other.

"Jotaro," she called out, trying to keep her tone neutral despite her displeasure.

Jotaro quickly turned his head and greeted her, putting out the cigarette at her request. She sighed in relief as the smoke dissipated and walked over to him.

"I hate the smell of cigarettes," she said softly, her voice carrying a hint of admonishment. Jotaro nodded in understanding, looking a bit guilty. She then excused herself to take a shower, hoping to wash away the stress of the day.

When she returned, dressed in her comfortable pajamas, she found Jotaro already in his pajama pants, sitting on the bed with the beer bottle still in his hand. The room was now free of smoke, but the faint smell still lingered. She sat down on her bed and looked at him with concern.

"Jotaro, why are you drinking?" she asked gently, her eyes searching his for an answer.

Jotaro hesitated, his mind racing. He wanted to confess his feelings, to tell her how much he loved her and how seeing her with Kakyoin had driven him to the edge. But he couldn't bring himself to do it. Instead, he took a deep breath and began to speak about something else that had been on his mind.

"Y/N, there's something you need to know about my family," he started, his voice steady but strained. "The Joestars have a unique history. Every one of us is a weapon, but we can only be used by a certain Meister. It's almost like a soulmate bond. And... you're the only one for me."

Y/N listened intently, her eyes widening in surprise at his words. She hadn't known about this aspect of his family, and the idea of a soulmate bond intrigued her. But it was his final words that truly shocked her.

"You need me?" she repeated, her voice soft and filled with emotion.

Jotaro nodded, his eyes locking onto hers. "More than anything. I can't imagine my life without you. You're not just my Meister; you're my everything."

Y/N felt a warmth spread through her chest at his confession. She reached out and took his hand, squeezing it gently. "Jotaro, I'll always be by your side. You mean a lot to me too."

A sense of relief washed over Jotaro at her words, though he still struggled to contain the depth of his emotions. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her, how the thought of losing her drove him mad, but he held back, fearing it might be too much too soon.

"Goodnight, Jotaro," Y/N said softly, giving him a reassuring smile before lying down and pulling the blankets over herself.

"Goodnight, Y/N," Jotaro replied, watching her as she settled in.

As she drifted off to sleep, Jotaro remained awake, his mind still racing. He replayed their conversation in his head, feeling a mix of relief and frustration. While he was grateful for her promise to stay by his side, his desire for her had only grown stronger. The idea of the soulmate bond haunted his thoughts, fueling his delusions of a perfect life together. He knew he had to control himself, but the line between love and obsession was becoming increasingly blurred.

Lying back on his bed, Jotaro stared at the ceiling, his thoughts consumed with images of Y/N. He vowed to protect her at all costs, even if it meant confronting his darkest impulses. As sleep finally claimed him, his dreams were filled with visions of their future together—a future he was determined to make a reality, no matter what it took.