Chapter Fourteen: Reunited in Morioh

Years had passed since Y/N left Morioh for her family emergency. In that time, she had worked hard and graduated from college with a law degree. The years had been kind to her, and she had grown into a confident and accomplished young woman. Now, with her degree in hand, she decided it was time to return to Morioh and see Jotaro again.

The plane ride felt like an eternity, but when she finally landed, she was eager to see how much had changed. Stepping out of the airport, Y/N took in the familiar sights, noting the new buildings and changes that had taken place in her absence. She decided to catch up with some old friends first, sharing stories and laughter as they reminisced about the past.

But her thoughts kept drifting back to Jotaro. She didn't know where to find him, but she was determined to reconnect. After some inquiries, she learned that he was often seen around the local cafeteria, so she decided to try her luck there.

As she approached the cafeteria, the door swung open, and someone held it for her. "Thank you," she said, looking up to see who had been so courteous. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw him.

Jotaro.

He looked so much older now, with a more mature and chiseled face. His eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment, they simply stared at each other, taking in the changes the years had brought.

"Y/N?" His voice was a mix of disbelief and joy.

"Jotaro," she breathed, her heart pounding with happiness. They hugged each other tightly, the years of separation melting away in that single embrace.

"Let's get some coffee," he suggested, his voice warm and inviting. They walked to the cafeteria, their conversation easy and natural despite the time apart. Jotaro made her coffee exactly the way she liked it, sweet and creamy. She was touched that he remembered such a small detail.

"Wow, you remembered how I like my coffee," she said, smiling at him.

"Of course," he replied with a smirk. "How could I forget?"

They found a quiet corner and sat down, catching up on everything they had missed. Jotaro told her about his work as a marine biologist, a career that suited his love for the sea. She was genuinely happy for him, seeing the passion in his eyes as he spoke about his work.

"And what about you, Y/N? What have you been up to?" he asked.

"Well, I finally graduated with my law degree," she said proudly. "I'm really into law now."

Jotaro chuckled. "You were always into crime and justice. A real nerd."

She feigned indignation. "Better than being a marine biologist, mermaid boy."

He laughed, a deep, genuine laugh that made her heart flutter. "Mermaid boy, huh? I like that."

They both laughed, the sound filling the cafeteria. It felt good to be together again, to fall back into their old rhythm. Jotaro's heart swelled with happiness, seeing her smile and hearing her laugh. He had missed her more than he realized.

"It's really great to have you back, Y/N," he said, his voice softening.

"It's great to be back, Jotaro," she replied, reaching across the table to squeeze his hand. "I've missed you."

They continued to talk, sharing their experiences and dreams for the future. As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over Morioh, they knew that this reunion was just the beginning. Together, they would face whatever came next, their bond stronger than ever.