Chapter 7

"Operation: Escape the asylum."

"Girls!" A nurse called out from the door. "It's bedtime. Chop chop, go back to your rooms."

"Yes miss."

Both Amanda and Hikari chorused and walked. Amanda turned to Aadya and said, "We'll discuss this tomorrow."

Aadya nodded and waved while they waved back, and walked into their rooms. Turns out, Hikari is right next door to Amanda.

After a few hours of the blonde tossing and turning in her bed, unable to sleep, she heard a knock on her door, and a head popped in.

"Hey, are you asleep?"

"Yes Hikari, I'm sleeping like a bear in hibernation."

Hikari giggled and walked in and plopped on her bed.

"By the way, what's your name?"

"Amanda Smith. What are you doing here?"

"I wasn't able to sleep so I thought I'll come here. Also, I wanted to know you better."

"Oh, what do you wanna know?"

Hikari smiled and said, "Who's your bias?"

They stared at each other for a second and began laughing. That was the important question.

"Hobi," the blonde said while laughing.

"I thought you were a Yoongi Stan."

"Oh no, I think Aadya is a Yoongi Stan. I didn't ask her."

"Why do you say that?"

"She didn't seem to show emotions. I can't read her."

Hikari looked at her for a second in silence. She then turned her head to look at the wall ahead of them and asked.

"Why do you read emotions of someone?"

Amanda looked at her in shock. Never had anyone asked her that.

"Just because."

"That's not a reason. I came here to know you."

Amanda sighed and looked at the wall with Hikari.

"I just, do it. Since I got nothing to lose, I wont hide anymore. I got an alcoholic mother, father's never home, brothers always out. I've been abused by my mother so it's a defense reaction, I guess."

"I understand. Though I may not have abusive parents, I've been constantly ignored to be observant to everything."

Amanda nodded in understanding and continued to stare at the wall. A comfortable silence hung in the air , a silence in the room but noise in their minds.

A few minutes later, the blonde began, "We'll begin the planning with Aadya tomorrow. We'll try to get out as soon as possible."

"Sure, well then, got to go."

"Alright."

Amanda nodded her head and smiled at Hikari while she began to leave the room. As soon as she left, Amanda splayed across her bed and began drifting into her thoughts.

How will they escape? What do they plan? What would they do?

The blonde kept staring into space, and soon, she drifted off to sleep with the thoughts in her head.