Chapter 15

Mi-Hi was lying on her bed in the asylum. She had her eyes closed, her arms under her head as she laid there thinking.

She was set to go out that day to listen to the concert standing out of the stadium. But why did she end up with the others who went to attend the concert?

Mi-Hi didn't know. That is, until the nurses came in and told here everything. She refused to believe it. But it so happened, so she sat there thinking for hours on end until she was called for dinner.

There she met Kalya, who told about her experience in the asylum and the two of them planned to escape, which was then heard by Cheng.

Cheng had asked them if she could join and they agreed, and left her to find anyone else wanted to join the next day.

After breakfast, she had returned, informing about another group of five who had the same thoughts as they did.

And so they joined.

And there she was sitting in her room till the nurses came in to check up on her.

Mi-Hi decided to stay in her room, unlike the other three who were assigned to the same task, because one, she was lazy. And two, she knew the nurses were going to check on her, so they were her target.

One of the nurses took a flashlight from the tray they brought and lit it up to Mi-Hi's eyes, her flinching due to the sudden brightness. While they were checking on her health, she asked.

"Where are we?"

The nurses didn't seem to hear her question so she asked again, to which a nurse replied, "At an asylum."

"No, like where exactly?"

The nurses looked at each other and sighed. One of the nurses turned to walk out while the other stayed.

"We can't tell you that. You might run away and spread the disease."

Oh, how she wanted to punch that stupid face of hers.

Love for BTS? A disease? Joke of the century.

The black haired kept staring at the nurse till she felt intimidated and left the room quickly. Mi-Hi walked to her door knowing they would speak something about it.

"Did she scare you?" She heard one of the nurses talk. Probably the other one that left early.

"Kinda. But I didn't wanna stay there any longer. How can we tell them that their parents are just a few miles away and they have been informed that these kids are being trained to be the future intellectuals of the country all of a sudden? The reason does not make any sense, I don't know why he said that, but we can't tell them anything."

"You're right. God knows what would happen to us if we told them. The kids might be hating us now not knowing we are under the knife too."

"Whatever, anyway, let's talk about your day..."

Mi-Hi eavesdropped until they were inaudible.

Stupid nurses didn't think they could be heard. They were talking like megaphones.

Mi-Hi, who was smirking to herself till then, suddenly frowned.

This is important. She would have to discuss it out.