Chapter 33

The night passed by fairly quickly, as the girls woke up about ten in the morning.

They had planned the previous night to skip breakfasts until their pockets had enough money, so they ignored their hunger as they prepared to face the day.

The girls left for work, all except Kalya, who had work only in the evening. She readied herself to go out to look for a house, that they could buy with the money they had.

Aadya had given her clear instructions on the budget and their necessities in the house, which Kalya had written down with utmost concentration, since it was a responsibility solely given to her.

Kalya left by noon, an hour after the others had left, and walked into an agency that provided homes.

The agency led her buildings after buildings, rooms after rooms and hallways after hallways till it was time for her work.

She thanked them and let them know that she would be back the next day, and went to the store she had gotten her job at.

The other girls had their second shift, working at the other stores till it was eight, and came back to their rooms completely exhausted along with Kalya.

"Kalya, did you find anything?" Aadya asked the said girl after they had visited her room.

"No," the girl said. "I think we'll have one by tomorrow since I told them what our requirements are."

The brunette nodded in understanding and moved to lay on the double bed shared by Hikari and Amanda, where the two and Kalya were laying. The four of them had their hands splayed and laid looking up at the ceiling, as they contemplated.

"Do you think we'll be okay?" Mayra asked the others, while sitting on the single bed with Kari and Mi-Hi.

"Who knows? If we're lucky enough," Amanda said while continuing to look at the ceiling.

The three girls on the single bed laid down the same way the other four did, but more huddled together since the bed was small.

"I hope we're lucky enough," Hikari said, her eyes slowly closing due to exhaustion.

"We will be lucky enough," Mi-Hi said, which was quiet.

But it did not matter as all them had slept into oblivion, the seven sharing a double bed and single bed for the whole night, cuddling each other and snoring their hearts out due to deep sleep they had after years of worry and stress.

They were finally calm, despite the problems they had.

The girls woke up next morning due to the phone ringing next to them, as Kalya rolled over to pick her phone that was ringing.

"Hello?" Kalya said groggily, the sleepiness still not leaving her eyes.

"Hello! We're glad to say that we've found a house according to your requirements!"

Kalya quickly sat up on her bed, sleep now left far behind, as a smile crept up on her face. The girls had now woken up and were watching Kalya with furrowed eyebrows and sleepiness etched on their face.

"Really?! Thank you so much! I'll be there!"

Kalya cut the call and looked at the others staring at her.

"Guys, they found a house!"

The girls jumped on the bed in shock, and began hugging each other and celebrated as if they had won the World Cup.

Kalya ran towards the bathroom to freshen up since she had committed to being there as soon as possible.

Hikari, who was celebrating with the others casually looked at the phone to scream.

"Shit! We're late!"

The others looked at the time which caused them to scream too, all running to their respective rooms to freshen up, and some did not even bother bathing since it would take time.

All of them were out in ten minutes and ran to their destinations.

"It's just the second day and you're late," the boss at the convenience store had said to Hikari and Kari who had stumbled through the door, panting excessively.

The girls apologised and took over their shift, not letting the worry of them being late get into their heads. They were going to find a house and nothing could top that.

Kalya and visited the place the agency had told her to look at, and she was glad she did.

The house fit perfectly to their standards and needs, and even the budget was alright.

Kalya thanked the gods for helping them out, and she could not wait to show the house to the others.