Chapter 35

Aadya woke up with swollen eyes the next day, and got ready like a dead zombie she was, only to scare the wits out of Amanda as she walked into the room.

"What the hell, Aadya!" Amanda screamed out, before noticing the distraught look on her face. "What happened?"

Amanda noticed the brunette's lips quiver and her pupils shake, which let her know that it was a bad news.

Aadya had begun to show more emotions than they had first met, which Amanda was thankful for since she felt like she was talking to a wall when no reaction came up on her face at the beginning.

Amanda patted her back and said, "You might have to answer the others one by one when they ask you. Might as well talk to all of them together."

Aadya nodded and left the room with Amanda, and into the room where the others were waiting for the brunette.

The girls were talking to each other, along with a beaming Kari and a tired Mayra, which everyone knew what had happened.

"So," Mi-Hi began, turning to the unusual two for confirmation. "Did you guys do something?"

"Yeah," Mayra answered quickly. "We kinda made out last night."

"Only made out?" Mi-Hi asked wih her eyebrows raised and a smirk slowly blooming on her lips.

"No, we even had se-"

Mayra slapped her hand across Kari's mouth who was about to reveal the unholy, and the latter licked the former's hand to have pulling her hand back in disgust.

"No wonde-"

Mi-Hi paused as the door opened to reveal their leader walking in like the 'living dead' and Amanda by her side,holding her by the shoulders and guided her to the bed in the room.

"Guys," Amanda called out. "Something happened to Aadya and she'll only speak once, so listen carefully."

The girls nodded and waited for the brunette to speak, and she did in a quiet voice.

"I called my parents last night," she began. "Apparently, they said that I died about six years ago."

There was a pause in the air, the others except Kalya, Amanda and Aadya sucking in air due to shock.

"I did too," Kalya spoke up after a moment. "Apparently, I died on a plane crash. Said I was going to visit my friend abroad the next day."

"Wait," Aadya yelled out as something dawned upon her. "What if we travelled to another parallel universe?"

"You mean, we travelled the first time at the concert and the second time recently?" Amanda clarified.

"Exactly."

The girls sat thinking, until Hikari spoke up.

"You mean to say that we're travelling through a multiverse?"

Aadya nodded as an answer which led Hikari to groan in despair.

"We have to go with the flow now," Aadya said. "Kalya, see if the house is still there."

Kalya nodded and called to confirm about their new house, which they said it is given to them officially.

"Okay then, since none of us have work today, let's forget about everything and go out."

The girls nodded at Aadya's suggestion and headed out to a market road where Mi-Hi led them to. They walked together as they watched the busy street life, people buying and selling on the entire road with no beginning or ending to it.

"My dear children," A voice called out from behind them, which led the seven girls to turn their heads to the voice only to reveal an old woman in rags looking at them.

"You seem to be not of this world," the old woman continued, to which the girls looked at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Aadya asked stepping forward. She wanted to know why the woman was talking nonsense, though it made sense since they had already assumed they were in a multiverse.

"You were brought here for a reason, my dear child," the woman spoke. "You are supposed to save lives in this dark world."

The other girls had left, discussing about the woman speaking nonsense, while Aadya stayed back to know more.

"Save lives? How are we supposed to do that?"

The old woman smiled softly, and spoke.

"Why not, you girls will do it the same way the people you admired did."