Chapter 44

Aadya opened her eyes slowly and squinted at the bright light shining on her. She stretched her arms and legs as she sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes to clear her vision.

The vision of hers definitely did not expect to see the old room of hers that she had in America, and she certainly was not prepared to see posters of BTS on her walls.

"Aadya get up, you slept in late today," a mature female voice called out to her from the other side of the door, the voice that called her dead a few months ago, and the voice she had heard since birth.

The door opened and her mother's head popped in, before she opened the door completely and stood in front of the door.

"Wake up sleepyhead, your breakfast has been calling you."

Aadya sat there dumbfounded as she saw her mother in front of her, her eyes itching to spill tears and her heart breaking into pieces while her mind believed that this was all just a dream.

"You still haven't gotten to your senses, I see. Come downstairs, we're waiting for you."

Aadya continued to sit still, her mind telling her that it was all a dream and that she would wake up to the girls next to her. She had just confessed to Mi-Hi and they had just become official the previous night. She had yet to release songs. She had yet to meet more of her fans and had yet to win the Grammy.

She wanted to tease the new couple and make dad jokes to which the others facepalmed. She wanted to write songs with Mi-Hi and Hikari and learn Korean with the others. She wanted to reveal that she was dating the girl she loved.

She wanted to visit the places where BTS had been for their music videos and shoot the exact same thing. She wanted to laugh and cry with her new friends who made her feel at home. She wanted to be with the family that gave her love and not with the ones that took her love.

She wanted to go back to sleep and think this was all a dream.

Aadya's mother seemed to notice the depressed look on her daughter's face to which she walked over and sat down next to her to talk.

"What happened, my dear?"

Aadya turned her head to her mother in shock.

That was new.

The mother she had never cared about how sad she was. The mother she had never asked how she was. The mother she had never sat next to her and gave her a look of worry.

The mother she had knew only how to gaslight. She knew only how to call her a disappointment.  She knew only how to admit how she was always right even when she was wrong. Her mother was never expressively caring.

Aadya's mother reached her hand out to stroke her head, which was still new to the brunette since she never had her mother touch her this lovingly in a very long time.

Her mother continued to stroke her head with no words exchanged as Aadya calmed herself to get used to the new change.

Once she had calmed down, her mother took her hand back, smiled at her and got up from the bed and walked to the door.

She paused in front of it, to turn her head to the posters on one of the walls, and looked at it deeply.

She then turned to walk to the door and opened it, walking out about two steps until she stopped and turned to Aadya.

"I thought you hated your step-cousins, then why do you have their pictures all over your room?"

Her mother walked downstairs as Aadya sat dumbfounded, her mouth threatening to touch the floor on how wide she had her mouth open.

BTS? Her cousins?

Oh shit, hell no.

This can't be real.