Chapter 34

Kalya waited to tell the others until everyone entered the room. She had called them to let them know about a good news and the others could not wait any longer.

Kalya informed about the house and its location, and that they would be able to see the house if they were ready in about fifteen minutes.

No sooner she had said that, the girls ran to get ready. Forget about fifteen, the girls were ready in five and waiting for her to take them to the new place that they might call home soon.

They visited the house, and the girls were happy about it. All of them agreed to buy it since it fit everyone's needs, which Kalya said is the 'God's grace' upon them and the others could not agree any less.

Kalya promised to pay the advance the next morning, and they went back to the hotel and into their respective rooms.

Aadya was sitting on her bed and playing on her phone after she had changed into her pajamas, waiting for Mi-Hi to come out the bathroom so that she can sleep.

But the black-haired was taking too long, so she decided to call her parents before she could sleep.

She kept her phone close to her ear as it kept ringing on the other side, her heart pacing faster as each second passed by, her anxiety kicking in since it had been a year since she last contacted them, though she had been unconscious for the most of the time unknownst to her parents.

Her heart skipped a beat when a masculine voice answered the call, a voice she had missed along with a feminine voice though she disliked them both.

In the end, they were her parents. She could not hate them.

"Hello?" Her father answered the call.

"Hello, dad."

Aadya's eyes had welled up in tears as she spoke, missing the two people along with her sister.

"I'm sorry, but who is this?"

Aadya was confused. Her father could not recognise his daughter?

"It's me, dad. Your daughter, Aadya."

There was a pause until it was interrupted by her mother asking her father about who it was. There was a shuffle through the call until it was answered again, this time by her mother, who had taken the phone from her husband's hand.

"Hello, who's this?"

"Mom, it's me, Aadya."

There was a pause again until she answered.

"I'm sorry, you've gotten the wrong number."

"No mom, it's me. Your daughter, how can you forget your own daughter?"

The brunette was desperate at this point, desperate for her parents to show some sort of recognition, to have them cry over missing her and wanting her to go back home.

"I did not forget my daughter. I never will. She died when she was just thirteen and it's etched into my brain. You're not my daughter. She died six years ago!"

The brunette's heart dropped to her stomach. She could not believe what she had just heard.

She died? Six years ago?

Her phone fell off from her hand and she froze, tears streaming from her eyes as her heart ripped open. She did not see the call end and did not notice the black-haired girl standing at the corner of the room as she pulled herself underneath the covers, preventing herself from another panic attack and a beginning to violence.

She cried herself to sleep that night, the same way she had on her first night at the asylum, and the same way she had cried herself to sleep ever since she was bullied.

Mi-Hi decided to be quiet and not disturb the girl pouring her heart out, pushing herself to sleep through the background noises of a certain girl crying and choking on her sobs.

They had slept through the night of a different future, oblivious to the day that had changed due to a flash in the sky the day before, the very same flash that had occurred the night before the concert.