To Befriend A Crow You Despise

Chapter 1: Chayanne

Chayanne was brave.

he knew he was.

from a young age, he'd been abandoned by someone who he would 'consider' his mother, and was then forced to fend for him and his siblings, who, if you didn't know, were severely young and mentally undeveloped to understand what was going on during that time.

"just why did you abandon us, mother...?"

he'd asked one day, as tears slowly made it's way down his face, pausing abruptly before falling to it's doom.

"..."

after a long silence, he sighed, knowing that his question would never be answered, and slowly got up, mentally making a note as to never cry again.

but that was before he made a vow; one of which, from then onwards, was that he'd protect his siblings, no matter what happens, even if it meant that his life was on the line.

-

Chayanne felt numb.

for one; he'd forgotten what had happened a while back.

and two; from the second he'd woken up, he'd realised that none of his siblings were with him.

at that, he'd felt his world crumbling down all around him, all within seconds.

where was Bobby?

where was Dapper?

where was JuanaFlippa?

where was Leonarda?

where was Ramón?

where was Richarlyson?

where was Tallulah?

where was Tilín?

where was Trump?

"welcome, Chayanne."

an eerie voice said, and Chayanne, who was startled when he'd heard his name get called out, whipped his head around to look at them, his dangerously icy blue eyes, which were narrowing, locking onto the owner of the voice who'd spoken a mere second ago.

Chayanne flinched unconsciously, closing his eyes and mentally preparing himself for the owner of the voice's appearance to look scary, or daunting, even.

but the owner of the voice's appearance, wasn't as frightening as Chayanne thought they would be.

it was a bear, pristine white bear, to be exact, and they had black eyes, which slightly shone in the light.

they had a smile on their face, it being clear evidence that someone had stitched it on.

"my name is Cucurucho, please follow me."

and even though Chayanne was feeling slightly on guard about this 'Cucurucho' person, he'd gotten a feeling that he would be meeting some people if he did.

and so, he obliged.

-

"Chayanne!"

Tallulah shouted.

and whilst Tallulah rushed towards him, he'd suddenly recalled something.

he'd recalled that whenever Tallulah was frightened or something like that of sorts, she'd always throw herself onto him, before pressing her face into his chest.

upon remembering this, he immediately threw open his arms as in to let Tallulah do what she was going to do, and when Tallulah had seen this, she tackled him down to the ground, and just like he'd recalled, she pressed her face into his chest, and cried out in fright.

the others, feeling just as much fright as Tallulah did, quickly took action upon themselves, and joined in within seconds, all huddling around Chayanne and pressing themselves against Chayanne as close as they could.

Chayanne laughed at them, before melting in their hold.

oh how he loved his siblings.