The Angel Of Death's Cult

Chapter 3: Recognising The Feeling Called Fear

Missa awoke, sweat pouring down almost every inch of his body as he drew in uneven breath-fuls of air.

he'd just woken up from a heinous nightmare, one of which consisted of Chayanne getting brutally slaughtered to death, before his body got tossed into a firepit, where as Missa was forced to watch as Chayanne's small body began to reduce into nothing but burnt ashes.

he sobbed quietly, the cries slamming into his chest the more he wailed, trembling in fear as he began whipping his head around in an almost crazed manner.

"Chayanne...?!"

Missa called out, his voice hushed in an attempt as to not alert the angel of death as of his awakening.

"he's right here, you blundering idiot."

a voice responded, and Missa whipped his head towards the source of the sound, the said sound feeling slightly familiar to Missa.

"who are yo...-"

Missa began, gasping almost loud-ish-ly when he'd finally came face to face with the owner of the voice.

it was Roier, his, best friend.

Missa had felt his eyes widening noticeably at that point, and his jaw has most certainly dropped right down to the floor.

he sat upright in his bed immediately, removing the blanket off of him cautiously, before silently placing his legs to the side of the bed, before getting up with an unexpected air of elegance.

"...Roier."

Missa whispered, his eyes zooming directly in on the bruise that adorned Roier's face, and the cut that had decided to settle right below Roier's eye.

"what happened to you?!"

Missa asked, expressing his bewilderness by almost screaming, but surpressing it last minute, whereas, his stomach began twisting in probably all of the worst ways possible.

he'd almost collapsed to his knees when he'd come face to face with Roier and saw his almost unrecognisable face, but had composed himself, since, only then, did he realise, that Chayanne, was in fact, in the infamous Roier's arms.

"I'm fine, really."

Roier began, and Missa crossed his arms, rolling his eyes before scoffing at Roier, a hint of concern being aborted quickly, the emotion dissipating from the second it was born, and Roier, knowing Missa like he'd know Bobby, his 3 months old son, took it as a reason to continue.

"the angel of death just disciplined me, that's all."

he finished, a tiny smirk on his face, said smirk wavering slightly as it finally clicked as to how he was the only one that was injured out of the two standing within the dark depths of the room, but Missa wasn't.

"Missa? aren't you injured or anything?"

Roier asked, a confused frown embellishing itself onto Roier's handsome face, to which, had also made Missa frown, as he wasn't used to such a handsome face accommodate such a negative expression.

"uh, I am...?"

Missa replied, his head cocked ever so slightly to the side, unmoving as he watched Roier's frown morph into nothing but a straight line.

"ah, can you show me?"

Roier said, feeling slightly...on edge, since, how could he truly believe Missa, when there was clear evidence that there was not a single sight of any injuries on his body?

"...a-alright."

Missa agreed, but before Roier could go out of his way to genuinely believe Missa, he stated something; one in which he'd hope that Roier would take into consideration, without a doubt.

"but I won't fully remove my shirt; I'll lift it up so you can see that, I do, indeed, have injuries, but that's about it, as I do have boundaries that you'll need to respect, and the same goes for you, Roier."

Roier, who's brain was barely even comprehending anything that Missa had just said, only nodded frantically.

and so, Missa hesitantly lifted his shirt after a minute or two, and what Roier saw, had almost killed him on the spot, causing Missa to drop his shirt within seconds, rushing over towards where Roier now lay on the floor, and a clearly startled and terrified Chayanne sobbing his eyes out right next to Roier's outstretched arms.

Missa screamed, not having a single goddamn clue as on what to do with Roier's clearly not dead body, and so, he decided on picking up Chayanne, who, was indeed, still crying, before retreating and sitting down in the corner of the room he was somewhat trapped in.

Chayanne quietens down at that, evident teardrops now desperately clinging onto Chayanne's eyelashes as he began blinking them away, his big blue eyes zooming in on Missa's face as he watched as his papa oh so surely began lulling himself - and by himself, I mean Chayanne - to sleep.

Chayanne yawned, covering his mouth with both of his hands as he did so, closing his eyes that, if they weren't before, were most definitely heavy now, and, feeling content with the position that he was currently situated in, headed off to sleep, listening to Missa's heartbeat as he slowly nodded off.

Missa laughs, a soft one that would most definitely thrive in someone's mind repetitively if they were to hear it, but it disappears within seconds of it's origination, Missa's blood running cold as he now realises two things.

one, Roier's body is gone.

and two, there are a pair of both familiar and unfamiliar eyes watching him and Chayanne.

a feeling lightens up within Missa, and Missa, more certain than ever, recognises that feeling, straight off the bat.

it was fear.