Chapter 11

Jimin's point of view:

Tae: "Okay, we will be back to being normal." Tae said, a determined look in his eyes.

Jimin: "Do you really have to come to my room at this hour to say this? At least you could have come in through the main door. I almost had a heart attack seeing a shadow on the balcony. I thought someone was trying to rob me!"

Tae sheepishly looked at me and scratched his head. "I didn't want to wake anyone up. They'd think I'm weird for coming at this hour."

Me: "Anyone would think that! Who shows up at 3 am? It's like the devil's hour. You could have just told me at school...tomorrow morning, you know?"

Tae: "Well... I mean... I wanted to tell you right away, so I came here."

Me: "You could've at least called me, Tae..."

Tae: "My phone is... busted, I think."

Me: "What about the landline?"

Tae: "Oh, you're right. I could have used that."

Me: "Sometimes I wonder what's really going through your head..."

Tae smiled, clearly embarrassed, and looked around the room. "Oh wait, are those ballet shoes?" He walked towards them, and I immediately ran to hide them.

Me: "Don't go touching my stuff, stay in your lane."

Tae appeared a tad bit annoyed, "Why you gotta be so harsh? I was just trying to be friendly with you."

I touched my head in frustration, feeling the tension rise. "We're not buddies, Tae. Let's get that straight. We're more like enemies, brought together by this contract. Once this deal is done, we're out."

Tae raised an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed. "Well, I thought you had changed, Jimin. But guess what? You're still the same. Always acting like you're better than everyone. Just so you know, I'm not here to make friends. I'm just using you to grab her attention."

In a display of annoyance, Tae flipped his hair in exasperation, clearly done with the situation.

"Fine, anything else you wanna say?" I said.

Tae shook my head, feeling tired of the whole exchange. "Nah, I'm good."

"Then you can leave now, I need some shut-eye." I said without hesitation.

"Yeah, whatever," Tae muttered, making his way towards the balcony.

"Wait!" I called out, realizing I should at least be courteous. "You can use the main door, you know."

Tae scoffed, "No thanks," before attempting to climb down from the balcony. Suddenly, he lost his footing and fell.

"Tae!!!" I yelled in shock, rushing to the balcony to see if he was okay.

Tae: I'm Fine. he whispered, tears in his eyes.

Me: Are you sure about that?

Tae: Yes. *he said firmly*

he started limping, trying to walk away towards his house.

I felt a pang of guilt hitting me. Maybe I had been way too harsh on him. But ballet is a sensitive topic to me.

I quickly ran downstairs and opened the front door to catch him before he got too far.

Me: Tae, wait!

Tae stopped in his tracks.

Tae: Jimin! I told you, I'm fine.

Me: Let me take a look at your leg.