TWENTY FOUR

The next morning karan had an off. He made sure that the sea facing farm house was ready and clean for them to stay for a day.

Tripura was eager to see where he was taking her and the moment her eyes landed at the farmhouse she gasped. She ran into the house and looked around excitedly at the interiors before running to the beach behind.

Karan chuckled at her child like excitement and rushed behind him.

"Tripura relax, we're here for sometime" He said which made her turn to look at him. She came near him "Sachii?"

"Yes baby"

Tripura immediately hugged him, thanking him for this beautiful surprise.

Karan then asked her to freshen up while he went into the kitchen to cook something for themselves. He made pasta and some sandwiches while Tripura came down with a wide smile playing on her lips.

"I love you so much" She giggled hugging him from behind while he made sandwiches. Karan chuckled at her cute antics while Tripura pouted not getting any response from him. Why can't he love her back? She didn't say anything and just kept quiet while resting her cheek against his back.

Her thoughts ran wild and tears accumulated her eyes as she started overthinking. What if he never loves her back? It's always her who loves him. What if he leaves her someday when he finds true love for himself?

Karan frowned when he felt his shirt a bit wet on his back.

"Tripura?" He called out slowly to which she quickly wiped her cheeks and parted from him. He turned around to find her puffy eyes "Hey, baby what's wrong?" He kept down the bread and knife and wiped his hands with the cloth before cupping her cheeks "What is it?"

Tripura told him her thoughts and another pool of tears formed in her eyes with that.

Karan sighed "Relax, you're overthinking baby. I'm here right? I'm with you and I'll never find anyone else when I have you Tripura, I just need some time to get to know my feelings. Love is a foreign word for me, I promise, I'll never ever leave you... now stop overthinking and spoiling your mood"

He wiped her cheeks before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Come on now help me with pasta" He said which made her smile and nod.

Karan guided her and taught her to make white sauce pasta as she had no idea about dishes other than Indian.

After dinner, Tripura went to the beach to stall for a while. Karan stood against the railing in the verandah, watching her as she silently walked near the shore.

He sighed thinking about her insecurities. He wants to make her happy but for her happiness he can't just simply confess without himself being sure about his feelings. Love? Karan Khanna and love? It sounds odd. He chuckled shaking his head as so far his name has been attached to words like Playboy and Hookups.

His thoughts run backs to Tripura and a serene feelings hits home with that. Tripura is the answer to every means of his being.

"I love you Tripura" He mumbled to himself while looking at her from the distance and immediately a blush spread across his face as he ran his fingers in his hair.

"Fuck! What have you done to me Tripura" He murmured feeling the effect she's having on him.

After spending some time at beach they came back home as Karan had evening shoot.

"Main bhi chalun aapke saath?" She asked to which Karan smiled nodding "Ofcourse, I'm not leaving you alone again"

Tripura beamed and went to get ready.

Days passed, it was about a month later when Karan came back home with a bouquet of roses for his girl.

She as usual ran into his arms which always made him feel happy as he waited for this moment whenever Tripura couldn't join him.

He pecked her head and broke apart handing her the bouquet "Roses for my beautiful rose"

Tripura blushed and inhaled the fragrance of the flowers before looking up at him with "I love these, lemme put it in our room" saying so she rushed upstairs while Karan chuckled following behind her.

Yes, they now use the word 'our room' ❤️

He smiled seeing Tripura changing the flowers from the vase present in a corner of their room.

He got a call from Vishal and moved to the verandah with "Yes, everything ready for tonight? Great, thanks buddy... yeah a bit nervous.."

"I'm so happy for you Karan! I can't imagine your life taking such a huge turn. Damn, media will go crazy once they come to know that Karan Khanna is going to marry.." Vishal beamed from the other side of the phone.

Karan chuckled "I just hope I can keep her happy... I mean.. she does looks happy,.. but I'm scared.."

"Shh! Shutup! She is super happy with you Karan.. it's really very evident from her face and actions... don't overthink and spoil the surprise for her... also I hope you've been using condoms until now.."

Karan rolled his eyes "Don't think that she's got pregnant due to which I'm marrying her asshole.. we didn't even have sex yet.."

Vishal gasped "WHAT? KARAN KHANNA AND NO SEX FOR AROUND TWO MONTHS?"

"Yeah, it's not like we haven't been intimate.. we've done everything except the sex... I wanted her to get comfortable and I actually.. you know what.. I really don't mind if we don't ever have sex too.. her comfort and happiness matters more than my desires.."

Vishal felt a shock as Tripura changed him so much that the Karan Khanna who had one night stands almost every other day was denying of having sex for her happiness and comfort!?

"Karan buddy, you're so fucking drowned in the sea of love.. wow! Tripura changed you a lot in just about two months"

Karan smiled shyly "She's my everything Vishal, she's my blessing... my family.."

Vishal smiled "I'm so happy for you Karan, I wish you all the best and I'm really happy that you've finally got someone to spend your life with.."

Karan smiled and disconnected after talking for another few minutes about the arrangements for the night as he was going to Propose her🥹❤️

Finally he'll say his dil ka haal to her. She'll hear the three magical words she's been waiting to hear back. She'll be his bride, *chuckles* she already is but will be legally now.

Karan felt his heart warm when he felt her hug him from behind "Fresh hojaiye, kitna baat karenge abhi toh aayen hain kaam se"

Karan smiled before turning around and cupping her face "Get ready, I'm taking you out.."

________________________________

Do vote and comment pleaseeeeee🥺❤️