TWENTY FIVE

But luck wasn't in favor of Karan tonight. Before they left to get ready, a butler came upstairs and informed them about a person stubborn on meeting him and Tripura. The guards tried to shoo him away but he's not budging.

Karan nodded and dispersed the butler. Tripura who was looking at Karan blankly asked "Kon ho sakta hai?"

"Let's check" He held her hand in his and led her downstairs.

The person came in and Tripura instantly hid herself behind karan, shivering with fear.

Karan tried to turn and bring her forward but she only whimpered and held his sides.

"How dare you take my wife away?" The man questioned angrily making Karan frown "What?"

"Tripura is my wife.."

"What nonsense, her previous husband died about two months back" Karan said.

Tripura had eyes burning with tears.

"Yes, he's my elder brother and according to the customs of our family and village if there's the younger brother of the husband present, he becomes the husband of the late brother's wife"

"What? Are you and that village fucking out of your minds" Karan yelled making Tripura flinch and whimper.

Karan instantly turned around and hugged her before turning back slowly to face the guy.

"Tripura you do know the rules" The guy now eyes her with rage.

Tripura who glanced at him, hid her face in Karan's chest and cried "Please mujhe nahi jana kahin bhi aapko chorrkar... please"

"Shh! You're not going anywhere baby, you're mine" Karan rubbed her back and then angrily glared at that man and gritted with clenched jaws

"She is my wife now.." 😭🦋

"Yeah the villagers did give me this update, but that wasn't a legal wedding or anything of that sort.. I'm the husband and I demand that Tripura goes home with me"

"I dare you touch her and I'll fucking break you into pieces that even animals would not want to have a flesh like you" Karan threatened.

The man laughed "I'll definitely no doubt, take what's mine.." he then looked at Tripura who had her face hidden to Karan's chest.

"I'll be back and show you who you belong to Tripura" The guy left after that and Tripura cried into Karan's arms who tried his best to calm her down.

After some minutes of assurance provided by Karan, Tripura stopped crying and sniffled wiping her cheeks as she pulled away from him.

"Come let's go upstairs" He said softly and led her to their room where they sat on the bed infront of each other.

Karan scooted closer and held her hands up to his lips, placing kisses on either of the knuckles and fingers which made her adore him.

"You're mine Tripura, I'll not let anyone take you away. You trust me right?" He asked looking into her eyes.

Tripura nodded with teary eyes and karan smiled placing another kiss on her palm.

"Now tell me, who was it?" He asked seriously and Tripura looked down.

"He was Dhairav, my late husband's younger brother..." Tripura sniffled and karan swiped his thumbpad across her knuckles assuring he's here "There's this rule in our village that you if the husband dies and there's a younger brother in the house, then the wife of the husband is passed to the younger brother.."

"What if the younger one is married?" Karan asked.

"Still, the rule is the same.." Tripura mumbled.

"This is disgusting and pure nonsense!" Karan gritted.

"Then why were they trying to burn you that day when this guy was there.."

"Dhairav.... Wasn't in the village that time.. he was out of station for work... if the younger one isn't there at the funeral then the wife is supposed to die along with her husband.." Tripura mumbled as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Such bullshit people!" karan gritted angrily.

He pulled her face up and wiped her cheeks "You don't have to worry baby, I'll make sure that guy never even touches you..."

Tripura jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly as if she'll lose him if she lets him go.

"Hey! I'm here Tripura..." He hugged her back and planted quick kisses on her shoulder and side head.

~~~~~~

"Why the hell didn't you and Tripura go? All the arrangements were so fucking good karan" Vishal almost yelled and karan who came out of the room said "Don't yell... some shit guy came up to my house and wants Tripura as he says she's now his wife.."

"What? Wait.. what? I'm not able to understand anything!!" Vishal said baffled.

Karan checked the room as the door was slightly ajar and found no one in the room means Tripura  as told by him had gone to freshen up.

Karan walked down the corridor and gave a detailed explanation to Vishal.

"This is fucking bullshit! Tripura is yours" Vishal said.

Karan sighed "Yeah, just find out everything about this guy Dhairav... we'll see what is to be done"

"You think he'll come back?"

"He's here only Vishal. I'm sure he's as bad as his elder brother. Just get all the information on him and bring it to me.. I need to be there for Tripura now.. she's shaken up pretty bad.."

"Yeah I understand but what about your proposal?" Vishal asked.

"I think I need to hold it back for a while..." Karan sighed sadly.

"I think she'll be super happy if you proceed with it karan... why to step back due to all this nonsense. Marry her and legally make her yours so that no bastard can come in between" Vishal said.

"You're right but... right now... I don't know..I'm not sure.."

"Tujhse bada gadha Maine zindagi mein kabhi nahi dekha" Vishal vented and karan said "Oye! Kya gadha haan?"

"Aur nahi toh kya! You should be diverting her mind and making her happy. Not just make her sit back at home and let her thoughts and fear eat up her head dumbo"

"I'm not happy to say this but you're a smart person" Karan said in his defeat.

Vishal smiled "I'm smarter than you for sure in case of relationships! Now go and have fun! All the best"

Karan smiled shaking his head and disconnected before making his way back to their room.

______________________________

Do vote and comment guys❤️❤️❤️