Chapter 5

'Live with you?

"Are you out of your mind?" Her eyes widened in surprise. "Bakit naman ako–"

"Ah– Maybe we could talk about this?" Cody's mom looked at her son and slightly shook her head. Letting her know she doesn't quite agree about the proposed condition.

"Iho, you don't just ask a woman to live with you." Pagpapatuloy ng ginang.

Bahagyang napaisip ang binata. Tama nga naman ang kanyang ina. Mukhang napaka desperado na ayain niya ang dalaga lalo't na't kelan lang uli sila nagkita. He gasped and glanced up at the woman's face.

"Okay..." he said in a low voice.

Napabaling ng tingin ang dalaga sa binata at nagpakawala ng malalim na hininga.'Hay, nako. Buti naman.' But seemed like she thought wrong.

"But why not?" Cody continued. "Why don't you want to accept my offer? Wait, it isn't even an offer. Natalo ka sa pustahan so you need to obey my command. And I command you to live with me."

Casie rolled her eyes in dismay while Mrs. Mondraleco excused herself outside as she knew she couldn't stop her son's rebuttals.

"Why in the world will I live with you?!"

She wants an honest answer. But instead, all she got was a small laugh from him. Lalo itong nainis kaya naman naisipan niyang lumabas nalang sa kwarto. 'Lord, may nababaliw na ata dito.'

Cody stopped chuckling when he saw her walking out of his room. But looking at the woman with her forehead creased, he couldn't keep himself from letting out a loud laugh. Sa puntong ito ay nilingon siya ng dalaga at nanlaki ang mga magandang pares ng mga mata nito.

"Do you really think it's funny?'

"Sorry–" he tried to be serious. "But it's not like you're going to marry me."

"Hoy!" She breathed in and out trying to calm down. " Wala naman akong sinabing—"

But before she could finish defending herself, Cody turned his back from her, putting his hands up in a surrendering position. Kung tutuusin ay gusto pa sana niyang mapahaba ang usapan nila ng dalaga, but he felt his legs sore that he suddenly wanted to take a rest.