Episode 43

I was at my office at home for the whole day, Bamanga has been sleeping since I finally got time to work before the twins return from school. I was doing some Excel work when my phone vibrated and I got a message from Ahmad. He said he was outside and I should get dressed.

I went to my room, picked a light brown dress with a beige veil, and went out. I saw him in his car and it was freezing inside. I reduced the Ac and he turned to look at me.

" It's cold." I put on my seatbelt.

" How are you feeling?" He put his hand on my thigh.

" Better, it was just stress. Where are we going?" I asked.

" Tulip." He answered and I grinned. Food.

I connected my phone to the car and played some voice notes that I got from our old laundry man, the man is a creep and talks to him like his girlfriend.

" Wawa." Ahmad shook his head and I blocked the man. The problem is no matter how many times I block him, he texts me with another number.

We arrived at the restaurant and went inside. I immediately ordered Fettucine Alfredo, steak, and Jumbo prawns in gravy. I hadn't eaten the whole day so I was famished, I ate as much as I could and packaged the rest.

" You're done?" He came back from the bathroom.

" Yes," I replied and we left. We stopped by his friends house to get some things that he needed.

There was traffic on the way home and I was a bit worried that I left Bamanga at home alone with Fauziya. It's not like I don't trust her, it's just that I have been hearing horror stories on Nannies. We finally got away and made our way home, I noticed a white van outside our gate but didn't think much of it.

I went in and Ahmad stayed outside as he made a call.

" Maama!" Awwal ran to me and I hugged him.

" How was school?" I asked and he pouted.

" Mrs Shade gave me 2 homework." He demonstrated with his hands.

" What! That means you better do it now then." I put my hands on my waist acting dramatic.

We conversed like that, both of us being extremely dramatic, our conversation was cut short when Rania came out laughing holding her phone up as she recorded.

" Delete that thing." I dropped my bag and slowly began following her, she started to run and I also ran after her. I bumped into Ahmad as she hid behind him still holding the camera.

" Hamma help me!" She shrieked.

" If you don't delete ba." I said.

" Rania you know how this woman is, just go I won't let her touch you." He held my hands and she ran away.

" You should have let me deal with her." I said as we sat in the living room. The only good thing is that Rania brought lunch when she was coming so I wasn't worried about what to cook. Fauziya brought Bamanga and I fed him and played with him. I decided to call my dad because I haven't spoken to him in a while.

" Hello Baba, Ina wuni." I greeted him when he picked.

" My dear child, how are you doing?" He asked.

" I'm better Baba, how are you? You sound a bit weak." I asked.

" I'm ok, just have a bit of Fever." He said and I got worried because Baba never gets sick, not ever. He is a 83 year old man but he doesn't get sick.

" Baba I'm coming now, what to you want to eat?" I said.

" Coming kuma, because of simple Fever." He countered.