12○ 130 AC: THE HUNT

"𝘓𝘶𝘬𝘦!" 𝘈 𝘺𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘝𝘢𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘢𝘳. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮.

𝘈𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘹𝘦𝘴, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘨𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦-𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘱 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘢, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴.

𝘈𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘺, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦.

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘶𝘭𝘵." 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥, 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘢𝘴𝘱. "𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘦..." 𝘏𝘦 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺. 𝘏𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳, 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥.

"𝘓𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶!" 𝘝𝘢𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥. "𝘕𝘰, 𝘯𝘰 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦, 𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘦-" 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧𝘧.

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘶𝘭𝘵..."

A gasp cut through the air as the cold surrounded her. She looked around the chamber that wasn't hers, the walls made of different stone.

Despite the cold, her hair clung to her forehead from the sweat that had built up after the awful dream.

The thought of seeing Jace again and him thinking it was all her fault made her stomach churn.

A knock on the door caught her attention, making her stand and walk to the door.

When she opened it, she found Alana, whose eyes widened when she saw Vaera's hair.

The hair sticking to her face was silver, and she had black streaks all over her face from the paste in her hair coming off due to the moisture.

Her hair was a lot easier to manage when it was braided, and the braids helped keep the paste in her hair.

"Why do you look so concerned?" Vaera asked Alana. The girl's gaze turned sympathetic as she walked into the chamber, closing the door behind her.

"Nightmare?" Alana asked, causing Vaera to hesitate for a moment. "What?" She asked. "Did you have a nightmare?"

After a pause, Vaera nodded as Alana pulled a chair away from the table in the room. Vaera sat down as Alana took out a bottle of paste from her pocket.

"It will only take a moment." First, Alana dried Vaera's forehead, rubbing off any dark streaks left by the paste.

Then, she applied the paste to the girl's hair once again before starting the braid she planned to do that day.

As she braided, Vaera sat unmoving, still slightly shocked by her dream. "There's someone I want you to meet." Vaera frowned, making Alana chuckle as she felt it in her hands.

"Who? I've met the Stark Lord. Ow." Alana loosened her grip. "Sorry." She apologized for tugging at the girl's hair.

"You'll be meeting his brother, Stellan Snow." Alana finished the two braids, twisting them together.