016. ━ the kicker and his friends

chapter sixteen ━ the kicker and his friends( season two, episode two )

( season two, episode two )

❝Or as I like to call it, the time of year
when football players become the
most annoying people on the planet.❞

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 Veronica had over her friends when it came time for lunch at school—she never ate school lunch. She learned at a young age that when it came to meatless options in the school cafeteria, it mostly involved a salad.

Which was why Veronica was currently eating her pasta while her friends griped about the quality of the school lunch—meatloaf.

"What's that smell?" Milton asked suddenly and his friends looked up at him.

"It smells like actual food," Kim added. "And it's not Ronnie's leftover penne."

Jack frowned. "This is the school cafeteria," he replied and Veronica glanced at him. "It is no place for actual food."

He turned his plate upside down and it stuck to the surface, not dropping from the gravity. Veronica raised her eyebrows. "Well, alright then..."

"It's them," Milton said, pointing behind Jerry and Eddie. It was the school's football team in their roped-off section of the cafeteria; their personal chef was cutting hunks of meat for the players. "Here we go... The start of football season."

Veronica shrugged. "Or as I like to call it, the time of year when football players become the most annoying people on the planet."

Kim furrowed her brows together. "Didn't your dad play football when he was in high school?" she asked the brunette who nodded.

"And my mom was a cheerleader," she added. "Your point being?"

"Look at them with their prime rib," Jerry said, turning the conversation back to the team in the corner. "They think they're so much better than us. Ooh, I'm gonna go ask that guy if I can eat his fat."

Kim grabbed his arm and sat him back down on his chair. "Oh, sit down!"

"You know, their quarterback just moved away," Eddie told his friends. "And they're holding tryouts to find a replacement."

Veronica shrugged. "Well, that's nice."

"Wait a minute!" Milton exclaimed excitedly. "I think we all know there's someone sitting right at this table that could replace him." Both Eddie and Jerry began fumbling over their words and the redhead rolled his eyes. "I was talking about Jack, ya toads!"

"Damn..." Veronica muttered, handing Kim the second brownie she had packed.

Jack chuckled awkwardly making the two girls look at him. "I would love to, but between school and karate and..." He looked around at his friends. "I just got a turtle. It's a whole thing. The walking it alone takes forever."