𝟵𝟮 - ❝𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀❞

❝𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘰𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘭𝘴�...

𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦
𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘰𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦
𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴
𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘭𝘴
𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘦
𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦
𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵❞

- 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵, 𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘢 𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT WHEN YOU, RON AND HARRY WERE HURRYING WITH MCGONAGALL TOWARDS DUMBLEDORES OFFICE.

harry had informed ron, and then you, that he had had a hyper-realistic dream of mr. weasley getting attacked in the department of mysteries.

and, well, one should never dismiss harry's dreams.

you couldn't deny slight worry. the man had been very welcoming throughout the years you'd lived with him.

it didn't take long for the four of you, as well as the rest of the weasley family, to arrive at dumbledore's office and then only moments for harry to be explaining his dream.

"in the dream, were you standing next to the victim, or looking down at the scene?" dumbledore inquired, facing away from harry. something you noticed he'd been doing the whole time. not once had he turned to look at him.

"neither. it was like i.. professor, will you please just tell me what's happened?"

"everard" dumbledore addressed a painting, "arthur's on guard duty tonight. make sure he's found by the right people"

"sir" harry called again.

"phineas" dumbledore ignored, your eyebrows furrow. "you must go to your portrait at grimmauld place and tell them that arthur weasley is gravely injured and that his children will be arriving there soon by portkey"

"they've got him, albus. it was close, but i think he'll make it"

you frowned.

"what's more, the dark lord failed to acquire it"

it?

"oh thank goodness, next-"

your eyes snapped to harry as he rounded his neck before shouting, "LOOK AT ME!"

there was a sudden stillness, dumbledore quickly turning to look at him, shock surfacing.

harry panted, confused and angry, "what's happening to me?"

dumbledore looked.. you couldn't quite place a finger on it. frightened? shocked?

you glanced back as snape arrived, glancing around curiously.

"you wished to see me, headmaster?"

"oh, severus. i'm afraid we can't wait. not even till morning. otherwise, we will be vulnerable"

your eyebrows furrow, looking between the two men.

snape looked to harry, furrowed his eyebrows and escorted him out by grabbing his arm and yanking him out.

you and the weasleys exchanged confused and frightened looks.

YOU WEREN'T TOO SURE WHAT SNAPE AND HARRY DID DOWN IN THE CHAMBERS THAT NIGHT

cough cough.

but you were sure it was something that was meant to be helpful, you assumed something to block out voldemort.

but now, the lot of you were holed up in grimmauld place, spending christmas with the order of the phoenix, and much to everyone's pleasure, arthur.

"ho, ho, ho. merry christmas" a santa figurine on a broom flies passed, behind your backs.

"here we go~. daddy's back" mrs. weasley smiles cheerily, helping mr. weasley onto the chair.

the man was heavily bandaged, but smiled warmly.

you all clap, smiling.

"sit down, everybody, sit down"

you pull out your chair, sitting down comfortably.

"that's it. now, presents" she smiles sweetly, passing one to each of you.

"and a nice big box for ron"

"big box. and, uhm.." she passes two presents between the twins, giving each other one at random.

"come on, open up. i want to see your faces"

you open your present, spotting first, and of course, the usual weasley sweater. but underneath it was a sword sharpening kit.

you smirk slightly, deciding to not question how she managed to obtain such a thing, but you were undeniably grateful. with no swordsmith village on standby these past multiple years, your swords were likely getting a bit dull.

everyone choruses thank you's and smiles.

"come on, then, everybody. let's clear this away"

you scrunch up the wrapping paper, everyone pushes theirs into a bin bag and then pours themselves drinks.

you smile.

"everybody got?"

everyone nods.

"a christmas toast" mr. weasley says, "to mr. harry potter.. without whom i would not be here"

everyone raises their glasses at harry, "harry" mr. weasley says.

"harry" everyone follows, "harry" sirius says after.

date posted ; 8/07/24