Her Return pt10

Waking up to a face full of auburn curls was not something Sweeney Todd had expected this very morning. Neither had he expected to wake up finding himself spooning Mrs Lovett, her arms wrapped around his as if it was the most natural position for them. He gulped awkwardly not remembering how they ended up in this intermit position but he gathered that through the course of the hours last night they must have come together without realising it.

Or of course there was the high possibility that his baker had taken the opportunity when he was asleep to snuggle closer. But even with that thought he didn't mind, It was nice to hold her so close again...it had been a long time....

"Sweeney love"

His eyes widened, she was awake! When he didn't respond right away she smiled to herself knowing she must have stunned him.

"Do ya mind releasing me dear, I need the bathroom" he could hear the amusement in her voice and immediately removed himself from her embarrassed she realised he'd been holding her. "I'm not entirely sure how I ended up on your side of the bed" he mumbled as he stood up and helped her to her feet knowing she needed the support at the moment. Her leg may have been healing nicely but it still hurt her to put all her weight on it.

Running his arm round her waist he helped walk her towards the bathroom that was attached to the bedroom.

"Oh I do dearie, ya didn't realise it but ya pulled me close to ya like I was ya toy teddy bear, didn't ave the heart to push you away nor did I wanna" she giggled much to his embarrassment as he gulped down his shame. She enjoyed seeing him so uncomfortable around her, it was rather sweet to see a man as strong and stern as him get a little flushed by her. She remembered when they had first started courting how he had enjoyed watching her toy with him when she was at work. He would often sit in her shop with a drink enjoying the view when she would bend over to fill his glass purposely exposing her wonderful round breasts, then winking as she would walk away.

Even then she would look back to see him a little red in the cheeks and now this alone had her grinning. It was like old times....

Reaching the on-suite she held onto the doorframe and glanced towards him. "Thank you, I'll let you know when I'm done" she said hobbling into the bathroom and closing the door behind her. As soon as the door shut he let out a long breath that he hadn't realised he'd been holding before running a hand through his hair.

Glancing round the room he spotted his shirt hanging now dry on the stool he left it on and went to button it back on. Now he looked somewhat presentable he opened up the bedroom door to hear whistling coming from the kitchen. As he walked through he spotted Officer Morgan pouring himself a cup of coffee only to glance up upon hearing the sound of his floorboards creek under Mr Todd's feet.

"Ah good morning Mr Todd, can I get you a drink?" He offered kindly to which Sweeney thanked him and watched as the man poured him another cup of his own.

"Forgive me for staying, I hadn't intended too but Mrs Lovett was quite persistent" Sweeney said taking a sip of the coffee once the man had passed him a cup.

Charlie smiled at that and nodded. "It's fair to say she's a lady that knows exactly what she wants, there's not convincing that one otherwise" he chuckled which had Sweeney amused also for that man had clearly spent enough time with the baker to realise that.

"Thank you for taking care of her, if there are any expenses I can cover for her stay then I-.."

"Absolutely not Mr Todd, it was my decision to bring her to my home after all...and if I may sir she truly is a wonderful woman and I know full well how much she cares for you"