Her Return pt12

Fixing her hair in her vanity mirror Mrs Lovett smiled while applying some red lipstick and admiring her new dress in the reflection of the mirror. She had to admit she scrubbed up rather well after all she'd been through in the last few weeks. After hours of preparation and planning she was finally looking forward to enjoying the party she had worked so hard to make perfect for Johanna. Even now from her room she could hear the piano playing and the sound of guests arriving into her parlour. She had gone to the extra effort of hiring a piano player for the evening so there would be music all night long. However the cost had been quite a pretty penny and for that she knew she'd have to get her business up and running again to make up for her efforts.

A knock at the door sounded to which she stood and called "come in"

Running her hands down the black dress lined with beads she twirled happily in front of the mirror before seeing Sweeney step in dressed smartly in a black suit and tie.

He had to admit he was taken back by her beauty when his eyes fell on her and her new dress. He always knew she was an attractive woman but when she got dressed up like this it only enhanced her beauty. For a moment he found himself clearing his throat when he noticed her smile at him with those devilish red lips. "The party's arriving" he mumbled trying not to look at her for he knew she read him so well. There was no denying the woman was a temptress, he once joked with Anthony that if you looked at her long enough you'd find yourself at her mercy.

"Well don't you look handsome love" she grinned heading towards him before fixing his tie causing him to stiffen up awkwardly as she fussed him. The smell of her perfume filled his nostrils and he had to admit she was looking absolutely gorgeous tonight. Her hair up in two bunches either side of her face as usual yet the curls had a softness to them now, not as matted as they once looked when he first met her. Her features elevated with the makeup she worn, not to heavy just beautiful and rather striking.

"There, now ya perfect" she smirked looking up at him under those thick long lashes. He found himself clenching on his jaw as his desires for her began to bubble inside him, the woman was a magnet, if he lingered long enough he wouldn't be able to control himself.

"Nice touch with the piano player" he couldn't help but smirk as she smiled at him in return.

"One thing about me love, is I do know how to throw a smashin party" she winked watching as he headed back towards her door holding it open with a smile of his own.

"After you..."

She smirked knowingly towards him as she walked his way patting his cheek with her hand as she passed him and began greeting her friends with hugs and smiles. He watched on as she did what she did best, making people feel welcomed and brining smiles to all. She really was a bloody wonder....

As the evening went on Sweeney found himself rather subdued throughout the beginning of the night. Sat quietly in the corner of one of the booths he watched on as Mrs Lovett served drinks and laughed away with some of her regulars as the merriment began. Some ladies and their husbands began dancing while others played games of cards or chess in the corners. He looked around with a gulp not knowing really where he fitted in...usually he would take himself away from such a social environment, yet Johanna still hadn't arrived and after all this whole ordeal was for her.

Food was set out all over her counter top, from home bakes to trifles, nibbles to extravagant canopies. Mrs Lovett really had gone to a lot of effort for his daughter and for that he reminded himself to thank you later for all she had done to make Johanna's birthday so special.

Even Toby was involved along side the baker chatting away as if he too were one of the adults. It seemed everyone was having a really good time and for that he had to hand it to her. She did throw a great party indeed.