Forbidden Forest

I was grabbing some ingredients I found when I heard a twig snap behind me.

"Hello?" I said looking behind me. I got up to look around when something covered my mouth. I elbowed the person and kicked them back when I turned around I saw it was Mattheo.

"Shhh some thing is over here and why did you hit me so hard?!" Mattheo whispered.

"No shit we are in the forbidden forest and why did you sneak up on me?!" I whispered. He held where I elbowed him.

"Sit down let me help you," I whispered he sat down as I grabbed an ingredient that was to heal from my tote. I gave it to him he put it in his mouth and swallowed it.

"Better?"I asked him.

"Much," he asked me as I helped him up. We both heard something coming towards us.

"Run!" Mattheo yelled as he grabbed my hand I grabbed my things as we started running.

"What's chasing us!" I yelled.

"You know that spider thing we needed," Mattheo said.

"Mattheo!" I yelled while we ran knowing he stole it from one of the spiders. We needed spider venom. I was running with Mattheo when we made it to Hadgrids hut and saw Slughorn talking with Hagrid.

"I swear this class is insane," Mattheo said.

"You think," I responded panting. He laughed at me as I hit him in the arm. I looked through my bag and saw I had one thing missing. Mattheo looked through his. He had a smirk on his face.

"Everything," he told me.

"Fuck you do you have spare spiders venom," I asked him.

"Yeah but it will cost you," he said

"Oh really what is it," I asked him.

"Maybe you give me the answers to the DADA homework," He said holding the venom in his hand.

"deal," I said as he gave me some. I grabbed it and put it in my tote Professor Slughorn came over to us.

"so who won," Slughorn asked.

"Mattheo did sir," I said Mattheo looked at me confused.

"very well then Mattheo what do you want from the muggle world," Slughorn asked.

"walkie talkies they seem cool," Mattheo said as I laughed.

"How many," Slughorn asked he grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote it down.

"Ten perhaps?" Mattheo said when I realized one for each of us in the group.

"Alright come on you two to the classroom we go," Slughorn said as we followed him to our classroom. When we got there I sat down at my desk the paint had fully dried. I grabbed the book from my tote and started to organize the ingredients on my desk. I opened the book on the page Slughorn bookmarked. I started writing notes in my notebook. Mttheo pulled up a chair next to me as he looked at me.

"yes riddle," I said looking at him.

"I need help with this if you mind," he said as he took out his book and pointed at the part where it said to crush and mix.

"Cut it don't crush it Riddle then you get the liquid out to mix it in," I said as I wrote it down in his notebook.

"thanks y/n," He said as he went back to his desk. I was taking notes when I saw Mattheo brewing it already. I saw he put the wrong ingredient in as he was looking at his notebook.

"Mattheo no!" I yelled when it exploded in his face I started laughing at him when Slughorn chuckled.

"Mr. Riddle you are excused to go get cleaned up," Professor Slughorn said as Mattheo wiped the foam off his face. He looked at me annoyed as I laughed at him. He went to the sink and started to wash his face. I went over to his potion and started to fix it. I saw he was looking at me but I didn't realize it until I went back to my desk.

"When are you gonna start brewing y/n," Professor Slughorn asked me. The ingredients I recognized but I don't know where I recognized them.

"I just need a few more sources do you mind if I go to the library sir to get another book," I asked him.

"you may go here a pass to the restricted section," Slughorn said giving me the key and a pass from him.

"thank you, sir," I told him. I went to the library I went to the restricted section and started looking around I saw a book that said Elixer of life I grabbed it and started flipping through the pages. I saw the details in every ingredient when I saw the page of ingredients there was more in the book than the other. I paid close attention to the details and noticed that the book we had was supposed to mess us up in the first place.

"oh that's sly Professor Slughorn," I whispered. I grabbed the book but then I became curious about what I was brewing in the first place. I looked through the pages of another book and saw we were brewing vertaserum. I grabbed both the books and went back to slughorns class. When I walked in I smirked at professor Slughorn.