Vertaserum

"I figured it out professor you tried to throw us off," I said showing him the books and my proof.

"can't get anything past you snape can I," He said with a laugh.

"Wait what," Mattheo said as he came over and looked at the books.

"he was making us make vertaserum not the elixir of life," I told him.

"And you figured this out," Mattheo said.

"yeah and it proves we were both paying too much attention to the name than the ingredients," I told him.

"she is correct Mr riddle I thought it would have taken you guys longer to figure it out," Slughorn said.

"It's time for lunch you two and yes we are making vertaserum today and taking a test about it when you come back," Slughorn said.

"Ok Professor," I told him as I went to my desk so did Mattheo. I grabbed my potion books and put the one of Elixer of life on the desk with the one that was meant to throw us off. I grabbed two books from the shelf in his class so did Mattheo. One of them was a book that had the ingredients and some details about vertaserum and the other was background information about vertaserum.

I put them in my tote bag with my notebook and quills. I grabbed my bag and left with Mattheo. We walked into the great hall everyone was waiting for us at the table we sat down together as we took out our books and started writing notes and studying.

"since when did these two study," Blaise said.

"since they got into that potions class," Draco said.

"They bend so many rules in that class," Theodore said.

"didn't you guys go to the forbidden forest that's what Mclaggen said?" Lorenzo asked us.

"Yeah we did,' Mattheo responded he saluted mad just at the thought of cormac. I saw he was writing down the wrong information.

"Mattheo that's wrong it's supposed to be Joberknoll feathers, not Hippogriff feathers," I told him.

"No, because hippogriffs are the same castability so it would work theoretically," Mattheo said.

"no Mattheo theoretically it wouldn't work because using a replacement ingredient only works in certain potions," I told him grabbing his notebook and fixing it. He grabbed his notebook and put it back to how it was.

"no y/n it would work the same it says it in the facts," Mattheo said as he grabbed his book and started showing me it.

"no matter it wouldn't as you can see here the density and the magics are different," I told him.

"Can you guys stop bickering," Tom said.

"shut up tom!" We both yelled at him.

"It's always tom getting yelled at," Pansy said while laughing.

"yeah no shit," Tom said.

"hey, Lorenzo are you thinking what I am thinking," Draco said as I and Mattheo were still bickering about the feathers.

"I see it," I heard Theodore say as Mattheo and I looked up.

"see what," we both said.

"stop copying me!" We both yelled I grabbed my notebook away from him as I continued to work on my own. Mattheo places a piece of folded parchment on top of my book I grabbed it and read "you were right bitch". I laughed as I looked at him.

"told you," I said looking at him he rolled his eyes.

"so y/n do you know when your task is for the Triwizard tournament," Pansy asked me.

"yeah next week it's a dragon lucky me right," I said while writing in my notebook.

"wait what you didn't tell me that," Mattheo said.

"I didn't tell anyone Mattheo," I told him.

"yeah Mattheo," Draco said mocking me I threw a piece of parchment at him. Theodore and Lorenzo started laughing they whispered something to Draco and tom and they started laughing. Draco whispered to pansy and she started laughing. Pansy whispered to Blaise and he started laughing too.

"ok what's going on," I asked them.

"nothing best you don't know," Lorenzo said while laughing.

"tell us, Berkshire," Mattheo said.

"don't make this harder on yourself," I said. Everyone went silent as I rolled my eyes and led the table.

"y/n wait up!" Theodore yelled as he ran over to me with Lorenzo.

"what guys," I said as I started walking to slughorns class.

"do you like him," Lorenzo asked me.

"Like who," I asked him cluelessly.

"Mattheo riddle." Theodore said.

"no I don't I told you guys I like cormac." I said as Theodore and Lorenzo looked at me.

"What I am telling the truth," I told them.

"y/n come on now you have to get over this mclaggen thing." Lorenzo told me.

"How about you get over yourselves" I said.

"Y/n come on." Lorenzo said.

"you two are stupid," I said as I turned around Theodore and Lorenzo grabbed my arms and started pulling me away towards the door.

"guys!" I said.

"y/n stop fighting us," Lorenzo said as I tried to get out of their grip.

"Guys I have to study!" I said as they took me to the common room.

"too bad y/n," Theodore said as they placed me on the couch.

"guys is this necessary," I said.

"Yes it is." Theodore said. As they placed me in the common room couch.

"I don't have time for this," I said as I got up. I left them in the common room I went to Slughorn's class I was late.

"Miss Snape your late," Slughorn said.

"I'm sorry professor," I told him as I went over to my desk and sat down.

"where were you," Mattheo asked me as he walked over to my desk.

"Theodore and Lorenzo being stupid," I said. He pulled up a chair next to me we shared my desk as we studied.