CHAPTER TWO

When Tanjiro turned two years old, Nezuko came to this world. No words could ever explain my happiness at that time, my parents thought that it might be because Nezuko is a girl— but no, I was so happy knowing that I didn't replace any important character at all. And that also means I'm not alone anymore.

                 But happiness comes with a price, my father's health started to deteriorate. I'm guessing that the only thing that keeps him from being alive is the breathing technique, as time goes by I would sometimes hear or witness him coughing loudly in any day or night.

                Every night, when it's sleep time. I wanted to always put my futon bed closer to where the door is designated, it was my thinking that if some intruder tried to forcefully come in. I can use myself as a distraction and to protect my family.

                  I don't know on what's wrong with me, but I guess it's the eldest sibling's nature.

                   "Otōsan, rest first." Holding the edge of his haori as I pulled it gently, my father only nodded as I guided him to a rock to sit himself down as he continue to cough. Rubbing his back as I handed him the water that I've been carrying the whole journey.

                     We're currently in the middle of a forest chopping down some trees to make some charcoal, at first I was worried with my mother being left alone with my two youngest siblings— but I'm more worried for my father. So I did one thing, I went with my father.

                       "Otōsan, wait here." I told him shortly as I went to where the chop woods are located. Grabbing some small log, but even if there small— I gotta admit that you can never judge a book by its cover. Even in its size, it's heavy.

                       "Rin wait...cough...cough..." My father tried to stop, but I don't care anymore. I need to step in, if I want him to live longer then I need to do something.

                      With a determination in me, I never mind the heavy log as I piled them up properly and finally tying it to a thing that was use to carry.

                       'My body's too small to carry this, nevertheless I can still drag it.' I thought to myself

                    After preparing the log, I immediately start dragging it while my father stands up walking in my direction. His hands tried to grab the holder of the log but I immediately slap his extended hand.

                   He seems shock by what I just did.

                  "Sorry, otōsan." He only smiled softly as he ruffled my hair.

                   "You don't have to burden yourself, Rin. You're still young, it's not good to do heavy works." I only shake my head in disagreement, and continue to pull. Luckily it's snowing so I can still take advantage of it, but as I continue to pull. I felt like it's getting lighter.

                 I couldn't but sigh, knowing it's surely my father whose helping me.

                 Until we finally reach our destination.