CHAPTER FIVE

I heaved my breath as I tried to cover my katana with my haori, this is the first time that I found my katana troublesome, especially with how many stares I'm starting to garner.

"Have you heard? The Innoue family was found dead, the only thing that remains was their blood and some bones."

"Goodness, when well this stop?!"

"I hope the officers can deal with it soon, I can't even close my eyes at night worrying about getting killed."

Innoue? Guess their the latest victim.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you ladies." I immediately step in to the four ladies gossiping in the corner, bowing in respect. "I wonder if you can tell me the location of the Innoue family's house."

But it seems my pleading won't work, since their eyes or even faces clearly shows reluctant. I waited, looking at them blankly.

"I can." Finally, one girl step up. I nodded as I gesture for her to lead the way.

"Mitsuko you can't-" The other girl tried to stop this Mitsuko girl, but was stopped when the girl beside her held her arm.

I guess Mitsuko don't have any genuine friend at all.

__________________________________________________________________________

"Where here." Mitsuko, pointing at a house that screams creepiness. Inside of that house, a stench of blood is so obvious.

After my training, my sense of smell becomes stronger but not as strong as Tanjiro. Only if the smell is strong, but not visible by normal people, can it immediately sense the smell.

As I look at the sky, seeing that it slowly darkens. I sighed. To be honest, I don't even have the slightest idea on how to locate the demon. I don't have any special skills like Tanjiro that can smell anything like a dog, I don't have any special skills like Zenitsu that can hear anything. Except for my marechi, I'm nothing.

Wait... Marechi?

Right! Marechi! Since I'm a blood breathing technique user, my blood becomes more intoxicant. Which means the smell of my blood becomes more stronger, and stronger means it can attract more demons.

That's also the reason why I killed so many demons in Fujikasane Mountain, because of the smell. And they started appearing one after another when I earned some wounds.

"Thank you for leading me." I said in full gratitude as I bowed down.

The girl also did the same, out of courtesy. "Please kill that demon for me."

My eyes widen in shock, as I look at her. Confuse filled my gaze.

"I was once a victim of a demon, until thankfully, someone saved me. They wore the same uniform like yours..." She said, staring at my clothes. "... Although different since you're wearing a skirt."