CHAPTER FOUR

The final selection, an event that was specially made to test the capabilities of a person who yearns to become a demon slayer.

This event usually happens only in one location and one place, Fujikasane Mountain. A mountain filled with wisteria tree.

And just like the anime itself, the wisteria is really beautiful to see. I can't help but touch one of the flowers itself, wanting to feel the texture of it.

"Rin, promise me that you'll comeback alive. You need to comeback for your family, for your younger siblings. And Nezuko whose very attach to you."

Sensei's words flashes in my mind as I held the little toy doll that has been hanging in my waist, tying it using a small string and attaching it on my obijime. As I start to walk up the stairs to where all those participants might be gathering.

Finally I reach my destination, upon walking straight. I notice that all of them seems to be all male, no girls at all. Just me, luckily I'm wearing a red veil to cover my face. Something that my sensei gave me, to hide my identity she said.

As I look at the front of the entrance into where the demon should be held captive, I notice two children. It must be Kiriya and Kanata, the only son and the youngest of the Ubuyashiki.

But why? Whose idea was it to send this children to supervise the whole participants?! What was Kagaya and Amane thinking?! Sending a... if my guess is right their are only two years old! Oh there's a nanny guarding them...

But it's not right!

I continued to stare at the pair of twins whose currently being held by their own respective nannies. What do they even expect? Let this small children speak?!

"Dearest Participants, thank you for gathering here to join..." The two nannies all loudly said in unison. Kinda creepy, as the twins look at us blankly.

"... The demon slayer corps's final selection..." They continued.

"Here on Fujikasane Mountain..." The nanny holding Kanata was the first to speak up. "... We have in captivity a lot of demons caught alive by our very own slayers. There is no way they can get out here."

"That is because wisteria blossoms which demons fear the most, bloom all year from the hillside to the foot of the mountain." The nanny of Kiriya was the one that is now speaking. Although, I already know this lines. It felt so unreal when your personally witnessing it.

"But from this point onward, there will be no wisteria blossoms so demons may appear."

"If you can survive in this place for seven days, you are qualified for the Final Selection."

"Thus, we wish you all the best." The nanny synchronize their voice and bowing to pay respect to all the participants. Stepping aside as they gave way for all of us.