07

𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎

𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻
𝓑𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮 𝓔𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱

📍𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧📍

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟏8

As the hockey season picks up for Estella, thanksgiving break rounding the corner, meaning the school work is slowing down, she can't stop thinking about Toronto.
She's begged her father several times to go visit but after the second month of living in Michigan, his heart condition got worse, So she let go of the thought.
He's even had to take a month off of work to stay in the hospital. She's become a lot more independent now, she didn't even realize how much she depended on Jack until she moved.
Having someone to talk to, to play hockey with, to practice with, copy homework from, work with. They were supposed to work at the arcade together once school started.
Now she works at the rink part time where team USA plays, she was offered a spot but ultimately turned it down.
She hated the idea of skating without Jack, sometimes she thinks it's pathetic and he probably doesn't miss her as much as she misses him but she's wrong. Jack went down a slump, he wouldn't go out with teammates, barely paid attention to school but he made it his mission to pay attention this year, new school new me? Right? That's what he thinks. But he doesn't realize that when he sees her again, he will be the same Jack he was in 2016, before she moved. Before he realized he likes her a lot more than a friend.

𝟕:𝟑𝟖 𝐚𝐦

as i braid my hair into a Dutch braid, something about today just seems off, Like there's a pit of hope settled through me. Maybe it's because i get to enjoy a sport I've longed to be playing again. Last time i tried to play it didn't feel like this, it felt.. off. But now i feel excited, like nothings going to make me not want to play, not even thinking about.. Toronto. I don't want that in my head right now, I know I won't go back. Something has always just, come up anytime I've wanted to go. Dad says Quinn goes to u of m now, I'm proud of him.

I finish my hair then move onto an outfit, settling with a green t shirt that's cropped and some flared black leggings, but that idea was scratched when I read 4° C on the weather app, so the shirt was quickly replaced with a knit sweater I bought with the sole purpose of it looking like Rory Gilmores in the pilot episode. Once I felt ready, I threw on some converse and grabbed my bag,then heading downstairs to find my favourite breakfast on the table with a note.

hope you have a good day Stella, left the keys for you to drive to school. Be safe
- dad

Holy sh- oot. I get to drive myself? That's great. Maybe I won't have to go to school, because I will probably CRASH THE CAR?!
I sit and watch eat the bagel with peanut butter and bananas then realize that I have to leave. So I grab the keys and my wallet, locking the front door on my wait when I see an all to familar blue truck across the street. At first I think it's my mind playing tricks on me, but then I see who's driving it.

No.
him?

I pick up my pace and settle in the drivers seat of my 2002 white Honda civic, whose bumper has seen better days. But he's my baby, I named him pumpkin since fall is my favourite season, so it often smells like fall scents. But I wouldn't trade him for the world.

The drive was easy, I even stopped to get a drink from Starbucks which is a Carmel macchiato blonde with Carmel drizzle and sweet cream cold foam.

I immediately see Mellisa, my best friend. She really helped me get comfortable here in Michigan, starting off by giving my room the makeover i wanted. It's a lot different than I would have decorated it back in Toronto, almost all new furniture and posters.
"ella!" She squeals as i walk up to her.
"Hi Mel" I smile back as she giddily walks to my locker with me.
"Are you okay?" I ask with a laugh.
"More than okay, fantastic! Like I couldn't sleep last because I-" she rambles but I have to cut her off or she could keep going forever.
"Melissa, breathe" I say.
"Right sorry- the USA boys are coming to PCEP!" She squeals again causing me to shush her.
"Why are they coming here again?" I ask while putting my keys on the hook in my locker.
"Not sure, something about the program wanting all players in one school or something, but that means Zegras will be here" she's practically jumping. I didn't bother to look at the roster when it was posted, so I have no idea who she is talking about.
"Mel I have no idea who that is" I laugh.
"You will when I drag you to the game tonight"
She mumbles, causing me to whip my head around just to watch her take off down the hall to our class we have together first period.
I shake my head smiling while closing my locker, what I didn't see was the person walking down the hall on the wrong side so they completely body slammed into me, pushing me over and my coffee spilled on me. Not a lot but enough that I will be needing that emergency hoodie in my car.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I don't know my way around yet" the voice says while picking up the book I dropped. Which so happened to be the seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
"It's okay, it wasn't a lot" I smile which turned more into a grimace as I pick up my binder.
He's younger than me, what looks to be a sophomore but he's so tall.
The curly hair looked to familiar, his facial features. Everything about him is too familiar, his eyebrows furrow as if he's thinking the exact same thing as me.
"st-" he starts but is cut off by the bell.
I quickly take my book back and walk really fast to my next class startled.
"I leave you alone for 2 minutes and you've spilt coffee all over yourself" Melissa laughs when I sit next to her.
"my life flashed before my eyes" I joke as the te she'd comes in and starts the lesson.

Just as I'm about to fall asleep, head resting on my palm while  fiddle with my pen. The phone rings, stopping the science lesson and jolting me awake.
"y..yes she's here, I'll send her down" my science teacher says into the phone.
"Miss Williams and miss Jordan, down to the office you go" Mr. Andrew's huffs while speaking to Melissa and I, there was quiet "oohs" around the class making her roll her eyes and flip them off.
I laugh at her antics and we walk down the hall to  the office where we see 4 guys all sitting on chairs.
"Ah here they are" Ms Avery, the secretary says as we enter. I've spent a lot of classes in her office crying, due to multiple reason. The move was rough for me let's just say that.
"Boys, these girls will show you around. What do you say we spilt you off. Trevor and Alex you can go with Estella here, Jack and Cole you can go with Melissa" she says, I'm still very uncertain of what's happening.
"Um Ms Avery. What exactly are we doing" Melissa asks.
"Oh right, sorry pregnancy brain" she jokes.
"These boys are new and I would like someone who knows the school well enough to show them around. And I thought of you two." She smiled signalling us too go.
I watch the two boys follow Melissa out, I froze when I saw the boy introduced as Jack. But guess what, I didn't need an introduction, that's Jack.
My Jack.