12

𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎
𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝐼 𝓀𝓃ℴ𝓌 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸ℯ𝓈 (𝒯𝒶𝓎𝓁ℴ𝓇'𝓈 𝒱ℯ𝓇𝓈𝒾ℴ𝓃)
𝒯𝒶𝓎𝓁ℴ𝓇 𝒮𝓌𝒾𝒻𝓉

𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾

𝟓:𝟑𝟓 𝐩𝐦

"Dinner at the Jordan's" dad calls from the bottom of the stairs.
I throw on a Michigan hoodie then slip on some vans and go downstairs. Leaving my grey sweats from earlier on.
"Quinn coming?" Luke asks as we head out the door.
"Not tonight, he has practice and I don't think Sterling is here either." Mom says.

When Stella opens the door, I let my eyes look over her once discreetly, she's beautiful.
Her curled hair laying over her shoulders, her blue and white knit sweater that hangs over her shoulders and the flared leggings make an appearance once again. She looks different compared to when I saw her an hour ago, leaving work after our 8 hour shift. Her hair was straight and in a high pony, her white USA rink hoodie with the sleeves rolled just to her wrists and her light wash jeans cuffed above her blundstones.
"Quit staring" Luke whispers in my ear, I zone back into reality and see her walking into her living room with my parents infront of her.

Dinner was delicious, but I wasn't focused on that, I was focused Mr Jordan. Don't tell him I said that, 1. He always tells me to call him Dan but it doesn't feel right, 2. He doesn't like it when people put attention on him, even if it is for his well- being. I signalled mom a look and thankfully she caught on and mouthed to me
"I'm sure he's fine". He just looks really tired and.. sick looking? I guess you could say.

Which leads to now, our parents are chatting on the back deck while me, Luke and Stella are in her room.
"I need a nap" Stella blurts out and gets up, taking off her knit sweater leaving her in leggings and a tank top then laying back down on the bed.
"Then I'm leaving because Jack is like, really boring" Luke sighs, I stick my tongue out at him and he leaves

"You can turn on the tv if you're bored" she mumbles as her face is leaning into the pillow, while crawling under her blankets.
I reach for the remote and end up putting on the leafs game which Stella seems annoyed by.
"Well your sleeping anyway, what do you want to watch" I chuckle at her.
"you can watch it, but no yelling"
"Even cheering?"
"Even cheering, I worked 7 hours today with screaming kids. Please"
"Okay"
And within 5 minutes she's asleep but with her head leaning on my shoulder.
I could have gotten up and left, but i didn't want to wake her up so I stayed the whole night.

5:45 am

There was a loud alarm that went off through the room, jolting me and Stella awake. Turns out it was for the morning skate we have to help out with. I slowly stood up and stretched while she quickly got up and began rummaging around her room.
"I'll be back in 20" I grumble and walk down the stairs and back to my house where Quinn was in the kitchen cooking.
"The hell are you doing" I asked, shocked to see him cooking this early let alone being awake.
"Making you breakfast, go get ready"
I roll my eyes and run upstairs, putting on a new pair of grey joggers and a black hoodie, throwing the rink t shirt over top of it.
I fixed up my hair then went downstairs to see Stella in the kitchen eating what I'm pretty sure is the pancakes Quinn made for me.
"Hey, aren't those mine" I ask him.
"Yours are in your spot, idiot" he grumbles and points to the stool I didn't look at. I was too busy trying to figure out how Stella managed to curl her hair and get ready before me.
"So rowdy, what are you scheduled for today" Stella asks while cutting up her pancakes.
"6 am to 8 pm. But I have a break in between for practice."
"Yikes, that's a long day" she says sounding disappointed.
"What about you?"
"I'm off at 4, but I could stick around and skate" she smiles. How I love her smile.
"Okay Stel, let's go" I say as I bring our plates to the sink. She gets my keys for me and we go out to my car.

7:28 pm

I don't think I have ever been more tired, Stella forgot she had a figure skating class this evening which has been going since 5 so we are both ready to knock out.
I was sat on the bench, watching her finish a solo she has been working and her coach proceeds to criticize her. She finally comes slowly skating up to the bench with a frown on her face.
"What's wrong" I ask hesitantly.
"Everything hurts" she groans and begins to untie her skates before I stop her and standing infront of her to do it for her. Although i had a hard practice this morning, my job today was just sitting at the front desk for sign in's.
While Stella was up and moving around getting things ready for free skates and what not.

She leans back against the wall while I put the skate guard on the first one and put it in the bag, then moving to the second one I notice her falling asleep so I tap the side of her leg.
"What" she mumbles.
"Stay awake, you can sleep in the car"
"For 5 minutes? No thanks" she chuckles and slides her feet into her Birkenstocks then throwing a hoodie over her t shirt that she wore for skating.

She did in fact sleep for those 5 minutes, I ended up carrying her up to her room where she stayed asleep the rest of the night.
As I was about to leave her room, I heard a slight mumble and turned around.
"What?" I ask quietly.
"Your my favourite Hughes" she says softly and dozes back off to sleep.

I smiled like an idiot the whole walk across the street, to my room and before going to sleep.