15

Estella's POV

December 23rd, 2018

4:19 am

I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me, being awake since 9 am yesterday has given me a lot of time to think, a little too much.
But it appears Jack has the same idea since I could see his bedroom light on, he was pacing around his room. So I decided to text him.

Jack 🌷

You ok?
Read 4:19 am

Jack?
Delivered

Let me in
Read 4:23 am

I hop out of bed and sneak out of my room and down the stairs. I saw him through the front window and I directed him to meet me in the backyard.

I quietly left through the sliding door and closed it,then sat down on the cleared step, soon Jack joined me.
"So, why were you pacing around your room?" I say quietly. Letting my eyes close as my hands hold up my jaw.
He breathes for a second, before answering.
"I was just.. thinking. About you"
My eyes opened and I turned my head to the side.
"about me"
"About earlier, everything. I'm gonna say something deep here stel, but I don't know if I would here if you weren't"
"like.. in Michigan?"
"No, here- earth, alive. Your my best friend Stella and when Quinn got accepted to the ntdp in 2017 I was excited because I figured I would get to come here and find you"
"woah" I breath and look at the snow on the ground. Snowflakes beginning to layer on my Ugg boots.
"That's a lot, but Jack" his head lifted in the slightest bit.
"your wrong, there is no chance I would leave you like that."
He smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulder. Pulling me to his side.
"So what did you get me for Christmas" he whispers.
"Not telling" I whisper back and stand up.
"Goodnight stel"
"Night Jack"

1:15 pm

I was woken up to a yell from the living room, multiple actually.
I practically jump from my bed only to see the entire Hughes family + my sister in the living room playing Mario kart.
"what the hell" I sigh and walk into the kitchen.
"Stel come take my spot" Ellen shouts, I put down the glass and jog over, taking the controller and sitting on the floor right infront of Jack, purposely to block his view.
"Stella!" He shouts with a laugh, but pulls me back so now I'm laying between his legs with my head on his chest.

Ellen was in last place when I joined the game, but I did just win it.
Even if Jack put his hands over my eyes multiple times, bitch.
"Well, Stella remains the champion" Jim sighs and gets up.
"Damn straight" I mumble and pull my phone out of my hoodie pocket, beginning to scroll while the boys get snacks before starting another game.
"You gonna stay there?" Jack asks while starting to change up some settings on the game.
"Yea" I huff and turn my remote back on.

After 2 more games of Mario kart, I was zonked.
Not sure why I was so tired, but I ended up falling asleep while laying against jacks chest on the floor while his back leaned on the couch.

Now I was being woken up by movement, then arms hooked under my legs and back.
I didn't open my eyes tho, not until I felt my bed.
"Hi" I mumble when I open my eyes to Jack grabbing a blanket from the end of my bed.
"Hi" he laughs.
"I don't want to sleep all day"
"So I carried you up the stairs for nothing"
"you have to stay in shape over the holidays somehow"
He laughs and pushes my head into the pillow before laying down on the other side of my bed.
"Got Netflix up here?"
"do I have Netflix up here" I scoff and mock him while grabbing my remote.

Not long after, Quinn comes up to get Jack since they have practice which is perfect timing since I have work, but before he goes, he decided now is a perfect time to talk about yesterday even though Quinn already explained everything to me.
"Stel, I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have canceled our plans"
"You don't have to apologize, I was kind of dramatic"
"you always are" he whispers with a smile, I roll my eyes smiling and push him out of the room.
Then I find my black rink staff hoodie and put on a pair of light wash jeans.

I hope he doesn't realize why I was so upset.