13

New York!
Estella's POV

Fast Forward...

December 19th, 2018

8:20 pm

"Jack, you will be just fine. I'll only be gone for 3 days."I laugh at how sad he looks, I said goodbye to dad and Sterling at home- along with the Hughes family as we head to New York for a vocals competition. Jack doesn't like me getting home so close to Christmas because I - in his words- miss out on the pre Christmas festivities.
"Yea year, come on I'll walk you in" he says as while exiting the car and getting my suitcase from the back seat for me, which is only a small carry on suitcase.

Jack goes as far in the airport as he can, before the meeting spot for the school.
"Bye Stel" he whispers into my ear as he hugs me tight.
"Bye Jack, I'll text you when I get there"I  smile.

He leaves with a sad look on his face, I met up with my friend Liz who I'll be rooming with in the hotel the next 3 nights.

11: 46 pm

One travel evening later, The PCEP vocals class has arrived to a hotel in New York.
"okay, students over here!" The teacher, Mrs Belle calls.
"Here are your room assignments but I have some rules. 1. don't switch them up 2. Lights out at 11 3. don't leave the hotel property 4. We Meet here in the lobby at 8:30 am, to be at the cathedral by 9. Good night" she finishes, me and my friend Liz who are roomies head on up and she decides to go to the pool but I wasn't feeling it, so I put on some sweats and turned clueless on the tv.

-incoming FaceTime-

Rowdy 💃

"Hey Hughes" I smile as his face pops up on the screen, he props his phone up on his desk while he also has a computer infront of him.
"Hey Lynn, what's MLA format"
My eyes almost popped out of my head before almost dying in laughter.
"Jack what do you mean we learnt that 4 years ago"
"Yea yea, just help me out here"
"What's your essay on?"
"uhh, hockey"
"Figures, here I'll send you a template to follow"
"Thank you ma'am"

We ended up talking for awhile and he went down to the living room where our dads were sipping on beer while Jack stood in the kitchen with his mom.
"Hey Stella, how is New York? How was the flight"
"Don't pester her" Jack whispers to her.
"The flight was great, I haven't seen much yet but we are performing tomorrow morning and then exploring which I'm excited for. Oh! I didn't tell you but we are going to a rangers game"
"Ew" jack cringes.
"I know but, they are playing the Devils"
"ooo definitely not ew!" He smiles.
"I know, I'm excited"
"Well go get some sleep Stel"
"Okay, night guys. Tell my dad I'll text him in the morning"
"Will do, bye"
"Bye"

7:59 pm

"Hey Liz, do you have heat protectant" I ask from the bathroom.
"No I'm sorry" she replies.
I sigh and decide to just braid my hair instead, so I stood there and Dutch braided for 10 minutes before changing into a white sundress and red converse. The whole class is supposed to be wearing nicer clothes so Liz decided to match with a white sundress but blue converse.

The class meets up in the lobby and the two take a few pictures of each other before the class got onto the Bus and we're off to the st Patrick cathedral. My plan was to zone in and go through the songs with the people around us but I needed up getting caught in a conversation with a boy I did not realize was in the class.
"I'm so sorry, could you remind me of your name?" I ask politely, he just smiles and replies with "Zach".