XXII 》The Aldric Effect.

Dedicated to d_girlmitch 💙

.

🌺 Feelings don't go astray. 🌺

-Tory Lanez.

✴TOVIELLA✴

Silently, I munched on what was left of the chicken pie, savouring it's mild taste against my tongue. It was pretty good, really good, and to explain how I was just noticing for the first time was beyond me.

I guessed my thoughts had been really occupied then. At least now Aldric was gone, I had more control over them but there was no denying that small part of me that missed his presence.

Aidan had showed up and whisked him away, saying they had something to take care of, perhaps relating to the Eidolons or something like that.

Tevin stayed back though, now in a seemingly serious conversation with my friends. I tried to engage too, believe me I did, but no matter how hard I tried, I failed miserably.

I found myself zoning out for most of the time, and the remaining times I didn't, I couldn't pick up anything they were saying because it all seemed boring to me.

“I've seen a lot of good looking guys in all my years of existence and I've gotta admit, your best friend is such a fine specie of human!”

—Until the mention of a certain boy piqued my interest.

I would've choked if I hadn't been quick to swallow my food. My head snapped to face her in an instant, giving me a slight whiplash in the process.

The worst part was that I couldn't tell if she was actually serious or just kidding. Her tone was firm with a slight playfulness to it, with lips pulled in a steady grin, then there was that dreamy look, dancing in her brown orbs. It made me want to puke.

She was so relaxed as she took a sip from her juice, and I knew she wasn't done when her lips parted to say more. “Is he single?” Yu-ri added, and when that question left her lips, I realized how desperate I was to know the answer too.

My eyes turned to Tevin since he was the one the question was directed to. I could feel my pulse quicken in anticipation, hoping for his answer to be in the positive.