012. peace

————

————

neveah lux parker                        February 1, 2024

012.  peace.
(real life)

I woke up to loud banging on my front door, i could hear my mother's voice outside of it, "Nathan you do not have to bang on the door like that." I heard her say.  I tightened my robe and swung the door open. it's like 7 in the morning, what is their problem?

"Oh tighten up, Porsha. a little banging ain't never hurt nobody," my dad argued back. they started going back and forth, ignoring my presence.

"She has neighbors," my mother hissed. i just looked back and forth between them.

My dad shrugged, "So? they'll survive. you always gotta be on my ass about something."

"May i help you?" i finally spoke up, blinking boringly at them.

"go get your brother so we can go." My dad demanded, just as he said that, Nolan walked out of his room looking refreshed with his suitcase beside him. hm, guess i don't have to wake him up.

"Look at youuu, getting up on your own now!" i picked on him, squeezing his cheeks. he smacked his lips and pulled me into a hug, "I wish you could stay longer." i mumbled, he hummed in agreement.

"aw, cute. let's go, Nolan." my dad's gruff voice said behind us, where is their patience?

"Take him to see his girlfriend before you guys go back to new york, so he can say bye or something." i told them, folding my arms over my chest. Nolan turned and looked at me with wide eyes, which made me furrow my eyebrows... fuck he looking like that for?

"girlfriend?!?" my mother spat, looking at us. I looked left and then right, pursing my lips. what's the issue? "what girlfriend??" she asked, her manicured fingers pointed at Nolan strictly.

"Mama, stop pointing at him like that. what's the issue?"

"He's too young for a girlfriend. we told him he could get one when he's out of our house." Mother explained.

I smacked my lips and waved her off, "technically, he was out of your house when they got together so..." my mom folded her lips into her mouth, huffing and puffing. that boy is 15, a girlfriend is not a big deal.

Nolan just had his hand up to his forehead, he looked fed up with mom's dramatic antics. He and dad had the same expression, they looked like twins right now.