chapter 9

hey guys! js as an option but this chapter is best listened with the song 'i love you' by billie eilish. i wrote this with that in mind so it fits!! (plus it's a great song)

anyways enjoy!

__________________________________

"ah b-boed, le oo uh in!" i heard toby call out to me with toothpaste filling his mouth, followed by spitting from inside the bathroom. all this through a closed door

it was 5pm, the sun was going down and toby had JUST woken up. therefore, he was brushing his teeth.

i have never seen a person with such a messed up and inconsistent sleep schedule in my life. some days he'll be up before sunrise and others he'll be knocked out till night.

"what?" i shouted, laying down in the blankets on the carpeted floor. my feet swung in the air as my cheek rested on my arms. all the while i laid on my belly.

i listened for his next word for a few seconds. sounds of water running and odd mouth rinsing was all i could pick up. that was until the bathroom door creaked open.

toby held his stripped muzzle pressed on his face with one hand and twisted open the knob open with the other.

"i'm bored" he fixed the straps, securing it behind his head. "let's do something"

honestly, i'm bored too. i've been nothing but bored for the past three days.

not that i don't...NOT like toby's company but there isn't much company TO enjoy. the guy is barely in his room.

normally he'd just leave for hours at a time, at any time. there wasn't really a certain time. he'd just act weird and then say he had to leave the room.

one thing i noticed was how he always brought his axes with him though. i wonder what wood he needs to be chopping for him to leave several times a day?

"like what?" i tilted my head backwards slightly, catching a glimpse of him. he was still in his pj's from last night, a graphic tee and basketball shorts with two thick white stripes going down the sides.

"truth or dare" he looked at me with narrow eyes, examining my facial features to read my expression.

he must think he's so slick

"wow, i haven't played since...a while" i laughed softly, finally sitting up and crossing my legs. "where'd you get the idea from?"

"oh nowhere, i've j-just never played." he sat himself on the edge of the bed, his basketball shorts lifting slightly as he climbed over to me. "plus, if i'm g-gonna have someone be in my room 24/7, mind as well g-get to know them"

accepting the answer, i shrugged with a slight huff, telling him how i thought it was plausible.

"o-okay, i'll go first" toby mimicked my position on his bed, sitting up and crossing his legs. he then suddenly dropped his face, his expressions looking dreadful as if purposefully trying to scare me. "truth...o-or dare"

"truth, i wanna start off mild" i tilted my head back as i waited for his answer.

"is it true th-that...your dad and you have been to every st-state to get away from us?" he asked, leaning forwards and raising a brow.

"now you're not just playing truth or dare so i'll tell you info about my father, are you?" i glared at him questioningly, examining his body language as i looked him up and down.

"...n-no"

"okay then, it's not entirely true. we've never been to new jersey, washington state, or california" my tone went back to casual, flipping like a switch. "truth or dare"