chapter 3

faint sounds of mumbling whispered in the air. i hid under the darkness behind my eyes as my body rested on the hard concrete floor, almost seeming lifeless if it weren't for my slow and steady breathing.

"...hey"

the coldness from the floor nips my skin. a bright light flashed in front of my eyes and disturbs my cover. the brightness makes me bunch up my eye lids.

"hey!"

a sharp pain suddenly hit me on my stomach, forcing a pained yelp from me. i tenderly grab the side of my stomach, a spot that just began to ache from the hit. my eyes shoot open instantaneously to scan around the room i was in.

the men who i had saw in my room were in the room with me.

the guy in the yellow hoodie leaned on a nearby wall, a few feet from me. he had his arms casually crossed over his chest. his black shiesty with red stitching was still covering his face. i had a feeling he was watching me through it. 

the other one with the white mask and black painted feminine features stood over me, it was obvious he had been the one who kicked me. his jacket was much lighter in this lighting, i could now see it was a brownish tan

i wouldn't have seen the last one if his neck didn't crack. it was a boy with the goggles sat on the stairs, picking at his nails. it couldn't have been much older than me. 

"are you up now?" the white masked man asked with annoyance, looking down at me with slight disgust.

"what the hell..." i muttered, holding my stomach tenderly. i weakly sat up, the bright light from above shinning down on me.

"good to see you didn't go mute on us, we need you to start talking" he huffed slightly, shifting his weight to his hip and crossing his arms.

"talking about what? who the fuck even are you?" i looked up at the figure in front of me with my eyes squinting. the man scoffs at my questions, he rolled his eyes behind the mask.

"don't play dumb with me, you know who we are" he snapped at me, slightly frustrated from my lack of compliance.

"what do you mean? i seriously don't know who you are" i looked around for any clues as to the identities of the three but nothing stood out. i'm sure we hadn't met before

the hooded man simply watched me from his corner with his gloved hands in his jean pockets. well i think, its hard to tell since i cant see his face.

"come on, you work for the SIAP, stop fucking with us" he angrily shouted at me. he must be known for his patience.

"the SIAP? i don't work there, i barely know what they do!" everything clicked in my mind. this is what my asshole father has been working on all day: researching some shit he wasn't supposed to. now i have to pay the price for his stupidity. "you took the wrong girl, dumbass"

"bullshit" the man kicked me again, i fell over weakly on the ground. a forced breath escaped my lungs. he sickly grinned, at some level he must've enjoyed this. "if you don't start talking i'll force it out of you"

"i'm not lying, jerk" i wheezed harshly, gasping for air to return to my lungs. "i don't know shit"

"yes you do, your father runs the damn place!"

"how the fuck you know about my family?" i angrily shouted as my fists balled up.

"that doesn't matter, y/n" he faked a soothing tone with each word but changed when it came to the last word. he pronounced each vowel with a mocking tone in my very name.

he was no dummy when it comes to getting under people's skin

"how the fuck do you know my name." i was no longer yelling, my face hard as a rock. my voice dropped faster than any 13 year old boy, i would've been surprised at myself if i wasn't enraged.