chapter 2

it seems like the principal gave up on stopping me, not that i cared. i'm glad he's finally off my ass but that means my father will be harder on me.

oh well

i walked down the deserted hallway, my steps echoing throughout the halls as light static filled the halls. i wonder what's making the static. i turned the corner of the first hall.

this school is huge. for the first two weeks i had gotten lost all the time.

i heard chatter from behind the wooden doors i passed by. most were obnoxiously loud and filled with annoying kids.

i grabbed my bag strap in attempt to pull up my book bag but it wasn't there. i groaned out loudly in frustration, swearing under my breath at my stupidity. i must've left it somewhere.

as i wondered around, i couldn't shake this odd feeling of being watched. i brushed it off without second thought, it was probably nothing.

i looked around me, still no one there. i couldn't shake the feeling of panic. my feet seemed to be moving faster without me noticing.

the static noice was intensifying and a headache started forming. i checked behind me one more time and

"what the..."

a wave of pure fear washed over me. i swear i saw something, or someone, at the end of the hall. it looked like a tall, lean shadow.

my head started hurting even more and the static kept getting louder. that was enough to send me over the edge. i bolted without looking back, throwing myself through any doors set to separate each hall.

i noticed the girls' bathroom up ahead. i pushed open the heavy door and locked myself from the inside, my back pressed against it.

i held my chest with my hands. the feeling of my heart pounding against my ribs lingered in my fingertips.

i stood there in attempt to calm myself but instead i started spiraling. my headache quickly turned into a migraine, barely allowing me to even think and the static filling my ears caused a painful ringing. my legs shook under my weight, i felt like i could collapse at any second.

my feet stumbled toward the mirror above the sink. my hand gripped onto the rim for dear life. i looked into the mirror at my reflection. my face was disturbingly pale and completely devoid of color. sweat beaded down my forehead and my e/c eyes looked hysterical.

my head continued to throb painfully as the static intensified. tears formed in my eyes, i forced them shut. i cried out in agony, praying it'll stop.

then it did.

everything went quiet. the sudden relief seemed so uncanny. i peeked open my eyes open cautiously, everything really was normal.

i glanced up at the mirror, i still looked the same but my skin was returning back to its normal s/c color. i stared back at the reflection with my eyes full of confusion. what was going on?

i splashed cool water from the bathroom sink on my face several times. i looked back up at the mirror, i was back to normal. water dripped from my wet face down on the collar of my shirt, tinting it darker.

using my arm, i wiped off the excess water from my face and neck. i sighed softly at the girl in the mirror before walking out the bathroom.

BBRINGG

the second period bell echoed throughout the halls, it must've been 8:05 by now.

the bathroom door slammed loudly behind me. students flooded the halls, some hurrying to get to class while others slowly walked with their friends.