l u k e

t e n

loser: luke i need you to come pick me up

me: you have your own car

loser: i know. i don't have it with me

me: how do you lose your car?

loser: my dad came home

me: where are you i'll be right there

michael finally texted me his relative location and i drove there as fast as i could. whenever michael's poor excuse of a father came home bad things happened and i was always the one michael needed help from.

-

when i pulled up to the bar michael's dad stranded him at i found michael fighting over a bench with a homeless man.

"i live on this bench! you just got here!" the homeless man screamed.

"i slept here all night and i'll be leaving in a minute! calm your tits!" michael shouted back.

"but i live here! i want you gone rich little white boy!"

"you think i'm rich?" michael screamed and stood up.

"whoa, mikey, calm down," i ran up to him and held his pale arms back.

"i'm going to bash his face in!" he struggled against my grasp.

"he's not worth your time," i shook my head and pulled him back.

michael shook me off and glared at the homeless man before getting into my car. i quickly got in and drove away before the man could do anything.

"are you planning on telling me what you're doing sleeping on a bench outside of the bar?"

"my dad came back and told me we were going to go get pizza at that one place. you know, that place down on the really rundown road that has the best breadsticks?"

i smiled, it was his favorite place, "yes, i know it."

"well, of course i went with him because i might hate his fucking guts but i can never turn down pizza. instead he stops at the bar for some unknown reason and he f.ucking strands me there."

"why didn't you call me when you realized he was gone?"

"it was three am and i knew you would be trying to sleep or sleeping. i didn't want to interrupt that."

"i would have still gotten you before you had to sleep on the bench."

"it's not the first time i've had to do that," he muttered.

"i know but i wish i could have helped you," i sighed.

"luke, it's fine, really. i just need some food. like, real food. none of the fast food shit i live off of."

"mrs. hood has some really good leftovers we can get."

"first i need to go to my house to change. if i don't get out of these jeans i'm going to scream."

"won't your dad be there?"

"i can deal with him. but..." he trailed off and sighed, "can you come in with me? please?"

"yes, of course," i nodded.

"so, you got laid?" he smirked and looked over me.

"uh, what?"

"you're wearing the same clothes as yesterday and you have some scratches on your arms."

"fuck," i hissed and rolled the sleeves of my flannel down further. i had forgotten that adora had grabbed at my arms and clawed my chest.