l u k e

t w e n t y

i clumsily clambered up the ladder and tumbled onto the balcony. she said the key was in a potted plant so i searched the balcony until i found a tiny cactus plant with a key taped to the bottom.

"cute," i commented and smiled at the small plant before locking the door.

i gazed through the window and at the large, comfortable bed. she had this need to make sure her room was put together and neat. she always made her bed and folded her clothes. even if she stayed over at my house she made my bed once she had gotten up. it was kind of cute, honestly. unless she started to stress over something that was disorganized, that was never fun.

i was conflicted. going back home meant a sleepless night but staying meant having a comfortable bed and good food to eat in the morning. i had all of my stuff i needed to stay overnight in the car but i just needed to decide if i wanted to take advantage of her house. i honestly felt like she did so much for me and i did nothing for her, which i hated.

dory: 20 dollars says that you're standing on my balcony trying to decide if you should stay or not.

me: i owe you 20 dollars, fuck

dory: just stay. i have toaster strudels there, free wifi, and a really big bed.

me: fine. but i'm doing something for you at some point. and it won't be a sexual favor

dory: but those are my favorite favors :((

me: okay go to bed so you aren't grouchy tomorrow

dory: fine.

we exchanged goodnights for the second time that night before i turned off my phone and climbed down the ladder. i got my stuff out of my car and then scrambled up the ladder.

once i was in her room i stripped down to just my boxers and crawled into her bed. she was like calum but instead of having millions of blankets she had millions of pillows. i threw some of the decorative pillows onto the ground before surrounding myself with the comfy ones and slowly falling asleep.

-

for the past thirty minutes adora and i had been making out on her bed instead of studying math like we were supposed to. the minute she got into her room i had pushed her onto the bed and attached my lips to hers. i needed a distraction from school, my mum, and football so i chose this.

our lips moved together lazily as the neighbourhood played in the background. everything we did was slow and relaxed, nothing was rushed or rough like usual. we even managed to hold a small conversation.

"what day is it?" she asked.

"wednesday, the twenty-seventh of november," i replied.

"aren't the americans celebrating thanksgiving today?"

"mhm," i nodded.

"wasn't michael's birthday, like, a week ago?" she pulled away slightly but i pulled her back.

"it was the twentieth, yeah. he doesn't like to call attention to it. i don't think we even got him anything."