a d o r a

t h i r t y - o n e

i quickly busied myself with organizing my things and then organizing ben's things so i wouldn't focus on how bad i made luke feel. i couldn't get the image of his disappointed face out of my head; it was driving me insane. i wanted to feel the way he did about me but it's not like i could force those feelings onto myself. i wanted to talk to someone but calum and jessie didn't know, michael would get too protective over luke, and marisa would just give me sexual advice as per usual.

"oh, uh, thanks," ben said awkwardly as he entered his room.

"sorry," i mumbled, "i organize when i'm stressed."

"luke is upset, too," he observed.

"oh," i mumbled.

"he also claims that it isn't about you."

i avoided all eye contact by staring down at my feet as i nervously played with the end of my braid. i knew how older brothers got with their younger siblings considering my brother is very protective and i'm like that with lolita. all i did was stand there as i waited for him to lecture me or call me out on hurting his baby brother.

"did you do something to luke?" jack came crashing into the room. luke chased after him but of course he kept tripping on the stairs or over his own feet. by the time he got into the room he was panting.

i looked up at the three boys who looked just like each other it was scary. they were all insanely tall, had broad shoulders, facial hair, piercing blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair. i felt myself shrinking back under their different stares and towering heights.

"look what you did! you made her scared," luke groaned.

"and she made you upset," jack snapped.

"n-no era mi intención," i stuttered.

"what?" ben asked.

"i didn't mean to," i repeated, my words barely audible.

"leave her alone," luke demanded.

"but-"

"i said leave her alone!" he hit both of his brothers and shoved them out of the room until they finally shuffled down the staircase.

i chewed on my bottom lip and tried to focus on anything but what had just happened. i finally just went into luke's room so i could nap without disturbing ben's space. i crawled into the bed after pulling off my shorts and kicking off my sandals.

-

two hours later i was woken up to someone barging into the room. i groggily turned my head towards the door to see ben in the doorway.

"oh, naked girl," he backed up slightly.

"hmm?" i hummed before looking down at myself. i was on my stomach over the covers and of course i wasn't wearing pants so my butt was in the air for all to see.

"get out, get out," luke came over and forced ben to leave before shutting the door and throwing my shorts at me, "it's not smart to wear minimal clothing when in a house full of boys."