e p i l o g u e

a d o r a

- 2020 -

i nervously ran my hands down my dress as i stared into the body mirror. i moved my hair in front of my shoulders, threw it back, and then pulled it in front again.

"i can't," i shook my head, "i'm going to throw up."

"you look perfect," marisa assured me as she swiped on more mascara.

"he's going to die when you go out there," my mamá smiled, "let me pin your hair back, mija."

i let them mess with my curled hair before fixing my veil over my head. i spun around as i exhaled.

"are you ready, adora?" my papá peaked his head into the room and i nodded before i could change my mind.

i linked my arm with his and walked outside. i stood at the beginning of the aisle with my papá holding onto me tightly. i smiled as bailey, who was now eight, waddled down the aisle with the rings. he was followed by my two baby girl cousins, ebony and edita, as flower girls. ebony threw the flowers and edita blew bubbles as lolita ushered them down the aisle, followed by my three other bridesmaids.

"you sure you're ready?" my papá whispered.

my eyes met the blonde boy's bright blue eyes and i instantly melted. i nodded my head and started walking towards the front. he was doing his cute foot thing where he moves them around and turns them on their sides. i giggled at his adorable antics, making him beam at me.

"hi," i mouthed when i got in front of him.

"please tell me you still like me?" he whispered.

"of course i do, lukey," i smiled.

i looked behind him (which took a lot of effort because he's so broad) at the four boys behind him. they had spent the last year that luke and i were engaged arguing over who would be luke's best man. it caused a lot of disputes and on more than five occasions one of them had stormed out dramatically. luke was calum's best man so cal thought he should return the favor but ashton thought that if luke got to be a best man for calum, calum couldn't do it for luke - which we agreed on. then there was michael who went with the argument of knowing luke longer which ashton got really upset about. they tried to leave it up to me but i was already stressed with trying to find three more bridesmaids to pair with the boys. we eventually just drunkenly flipped a coin and made them both write a speech which michael won both challenges - he was the best at working when drunk.

from the start lolita was going to be my maid of honor but getting three more girls to equal out the boys was tricky. marisa was always traveling with her job and boyfriend so we didn't even know if she could make it. luckily she was able to fly back in time. my two other maids were some old high school friends from spain. we didn't talk that much but we were all close at some point and they were in the area.

we chose to hold the wedding in spain because it was convenient for all of my family members that would be coming. luke only had his brothers, his dad, the hoods, an aunt, an uncle, two cousins, and four grandparents attending. it was easy for them to get plane tickets but asking my entire family to fly to australia was a stretch.

the ceremony went flawlessly but that might of been because i was looking at luke the whole time and it was hard to find anything imperfect when all you can see is him. the only problem was when we went to put the rings on. he tried to put it on my left hand while i went for his right hand. i didn't go by many spanish traditions but the rings going on the right hand was just a norm for me.