Chapter 1: Reunion

Set at beginning of Starlight (Ep. 1)

Melissa's POV

I've been waiting so long to surprise Aphmau with her friends and family, we've been planning this for a while. I really hope they help her settle in with Aaron cause she seems like a nervous wreck right now..

Ohh shit. Dad is talking about the lodge again, I have to stop this or it'll bring the mood down!! Oh- never mind Aphmau's mom did it for me, she's almost as good as distracting everyone with positive thoughts as me. Might make my job here a little easier heh.

Looks like everyone else has ran off but that orange haired girl over there.. she's kinda... What am I thinking?!? I can't have a crush on one of Aaron's friends, I don't even know her. I'm 35 for Irene's sake, how do I even still have crushes?? On top of that, I've only ever dated werewolves, how would a human-werewolf relationship even work out? Don't even know if she's gay.. or single.. Why is my mind already wandering there!? Crap, I've been staring for too long haven't I, wonder if she noticed, well I've gotta introduce myself now. Time to turn on my charm.

"Hey beautiful, I realized I never properly introduced myself to you. My name's Melissa I'm Aaron's sister, and who might you be?"

"I'm Lucinda, nice to finally meet you cutie."

Oh. my. Irene. Her voice.. she's so..  I refused to let my mind finish any of those thoughts. Her crimson eyes locked me in a trance. My heart is racing, I can feel the blood rushing to my face. I'm blushing! What's happening to me? I'm usually the smooth one, is this how everyone who loved me felt? ehehehe No- I'm staring again she must think I'm so weird, I have to come up with an excuse.. I have to go, why am I even getting so flustered? Right, Aphmau is right there! The perfect excuse, I can go talk to her about Aaron.

"Y-yup! Nice to like- I mean meet you too! I have to go talk to Aphmau about Aaron now ahhahaahaa. Talk to you later"

I ran off to Aphmau not letting her respond. Ugh, that was so embarrassing, she probably thinks I'm so weird now. I have to slap some sense into myself, there's so many things I don't know yet, I can't be this flustered already. GET A HOLD OF YOUSELF MELISSA!

Lucinda's POV

Starlight is so beautiful, certainly better than that lodge. What happened at the lodge, it's all my fault... if I never got caught I could've helped, but I- Lucinda! Stop thinking about that, Starlight is supposed to be happy, besides it's been a year why are you still thinking about it? Don't you dare cry Lucinda.. AHH, someone's coming to talk to you, come on pull yourself together.

Huh- it's that werewolf girl.

*Conversation above*

The longer I looked at her the more I realized how beautiful she was. I was at a loss for words, but seriously Lucinda? Glad to finally meet you? I sounded stalkerish, I could've said more or.. something different! Why was I panicking so much? Melissa, she was blushing, she seemed kind of flirty. Does she like me?... Do I like her? My heart is fluttering so much, surprised I'm not blushing to be honest, I haven't felt this since I last had a crush on someone. I-I can't like her, I'm straight.. right? I mean I've never dated a girl before, maybe I've felt a small crush one one before? Never like this though. Then again the only person I've dated was Ivan.. She's already gone to talk to Aphmau, I guess I should go check out my room before we eat.

A/N: This is the first fanfic I've wrote, I was inspired by some others I've read. I'm aware I'm not the best at writing but I hope you enjoy!