Chapter 4: Seen

Melissa's POV

I wake up and look at the clock, it's 8am. I feel Lucinda's legs intertwining with mine, wait- she's cuddling me, not my tail, ME. I feel her hugging my body with one arm around my waist and one closer to my torso. I was quickly flustered by the realization, but did not want to ruin her sleep, she looked so peaceful laying there.. I wanted this moment to last forever. I forgot how cuddling with someone felt, it had been years.. Feeling her body heat and the pressure of her body on me was heavily comforting. I unintentionally drifted back to sleep.

Derek's (Melissa's Dad) POV

"Darling, have you seen Melissa this morning?" Rachel questioned with a tinge of concern in her voice.

"I haven't, she's usually an early riser and it's 10am already," I reply with growing concern.

Melissa almost never slept in, she was always up by 9am the latest. Maybe I'm overthinking this, she could've just gone out and didn't tell us. Who am I kidding she always tells us, I'm not overthinking. I should check her room.

"I'll go check her room, something's not right," I told Rachel as I head to the stairs.

Melissa's POV

*Knock knock knock*

"Melissa! Are you okay?"

I'm too half-asleep and comfortable with Luci to react, part of me thinks I'm in a dream.

*CRASH*

I came right to my senses after that. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Oh my Irene, my dad just burst into my room and saw me cuddling with Lucinda.

"Melissa! Why aren't y-" My brain automatically switched to panic mode and I threw Lucinda off me.

"Dad, it's not what it looks like!" I shout, still in a total panic.

"You don't need to explain yourself princess, I'll leave you two alone." Dad said with a smirk as he walked out the room and closed the door behind him.

SHIT, what are you thinking Melissa?? Lucinda isn't a werewolf that could've seriously hurt her. I rush to her side and see scrapes on her right elbow and knee.

Lucinda's POV

I awoke to someone knocking on the door, I then realize I'm cuddling Melissa. A rose red blush immediately falls on my face. How did I even end up in this position?? Did I do this in my sleep? My thoughts cut off as Melissa's dad burst into the room.

"Melissa! why aren't y-" He just saw us. He saw us cuddling!! Oh shitt, I barely know what I feel towards Melissa myself and now someone will already suspect something, to make things worse it's Melissa's father! I don't even know what this is yet! It's been a day!! My thoughts were cut off again by Melissa tossing me off the bed.

It was so sudden, I had no time to react. A sharp pain hit my body as I hit the wall then tumbled to the ground. I land on my right side with my elbow and knee hitting the ground first. I looked up to see Melissa right beside me.

"Well, that was certainly a way to wake up," I express in a joking tone trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh my Irene, I'm so sorry! I don't know my own strength sometimes, I.. I totally panicked. I'll go get some bandages for you, be right back. I promise," Melissa apologizes as she quickly steps towards the door.

"Wait- I just want to say thank you for last night.. It really helped and this is nothing really. And, I'm fine there's no need to worry, doesn't feel like anything's broken. I can handle this myself, you've helped me enough."

"Nonsense! I literally threw you against the wall this is the least I can do. Now, let me go get the bandages," Melissa shouts as she rushes out the room.

Her eagerness to help is certainly is a change from Ivan.. It's quite charming.

A/N: I've been going back and editing the previous chapters, nothing that changes the story though, just some things to make the writing a littleee better. I'll honestly probably edit this one slightly too lol. Anyways thank your so much for 80 reads already, I was unsure that even a single person would read this tbh. I will try my best to release a chapter every other day and if I'm motivated enough I hope to take this till the end of Season 6. Hope you've enjoyed everything so far!

Stay tuned for more stories in the future, perhaps an original lesbian romance story or a Lucinda x Reader story starting from PDH (freshmen year) to who knows how long. I've been trying to come up with ideas for both for a while. If you have any opinions on this, feel free to let me know :)