CH-6: Cool With You

COMEBACK DAY!

3rd Person's POV:

Jeongin got ready and stepped down. He didn't have the same motivation as he did on his very first date. Maybe because of two reasons- first because it didn't went as planned, and second, well he already has someone else occupying his mind ever since he has made an eye contact with her and have been called a 'handsome' by her as well. They didn't talk a lot, or more like she didn't say anything more, but by her expressions, Jeongin can clearly tell that she got embarrassed of what she uttered and surprisingly he found it cute.

He sighed when he saw both of his parents sitting in the living room while conversing and he slowly approached them. "Mom. Dad." His parents smiled at him, and he smiled back. "Woah, look at my son, all ready and prepared to go on a date." He smiled widely. "Well, I wanted to say something." He pressed his lips into a thin line. "Go ahead." His mother said and he fiddled with his fingers. "Umm- I don't want to go on any more dates." The two looked at each other and then back at him. "Huh?"

"I-I mean. Umm- I kind of like this girl and I want to confess and probably date her. So, yeah." He nodded with an awkward smile and his parents looked at him and then back at each other. "You should have told us earlier, son." His father said. "We won't make you go on another date, but please go on today's." His mother said and stood up.

"Yeah, today you are going on a date with one of my business partner's daughter. Don't worry, she is very well behaved. You can talk to her and tell her that you have someone else on your mind. I think she will understand you very well." He smiled at Jeongin, who closed his eyes in frustration, but nodded with a pout. "Aww, my baby grew up." His mother pinched his cheeks. "Bring your girl home someday, for us to meet." She winked at him, and he chuckled. "We didn't even have a proper conversation. Just greeted her for the first time today."

Both his parent's smiling face turned into a scowling one. They looked at each other and the father coughed awkwardly. Mrs. Yang was scowling at him. "He is really your son." She told him, but then turned back at Jeongin with a smile. "No problem. You will find true love soon, my son." She kissed her forehead and he then headed out for the date.

........

"You look hideous." Seokjin said to his sister, who was getting her make-up done and was staring blankly at the mirror. "You look yourself too, all the time, brother." She sassed while putting on her bracelet. Seokjin let out a windshield laugh and pointed at her, "what a joker." Yujin ignored him. "No, my baby sister is pretty." Namjoon smiled and Yujin smiled back at him.

"Oh my! My daughter is all grown up." Mrs. Kim said and wiped her tears that were brimming. "It's dreadful to be a grown-up." She murmured under her breathe. "My daughter's date will for sure fall for her in the first glance." She said and took a picture of Yujin. "To add in the album where I keep your photos, because you don't bother to click any." She sassed. "Okay, okay, time for her to go mom." Namjoon ushered and was about to take the keys when Seokjin interrupted, "No, you will break the car. Let the driver drive her there." The taller cowered back sheepishly and Yujin chuckled at them.

........

Jeongin entered the restaurant and went towards the counter. "Table no. 7" The woman said and Jeongin thanked her. He sighed while walking towards the said table, but his eyes caught the familiar female sitting on the table beside his. He tilted his head and blinked. "Hey!" He didn't even realize that he walked past his own table and onto table no. 8. "Hi." Yujin said and got lost as well.

"Y-You, here?" Jeongin asked and Yujin nodded with a small smile. "I-I am." Jeongin nodded and sat down in front of her. (comm'on broo, THAT'S NOT YOUR SEAT!!!!) "What are you doing here?" Jeongin asked with a smile and Yujin looked down and then back at him, 'why is he asking this? Isn't he, my date?' "I am just sitting." She replied. "Can I join?" She nodded. "Sure."

They got into a conversation. "Umm, excuse me?" Jeongin heard a feminine voice and turned to look at the female who was standing there with a small smile. "Sorry to disturb both of you, but did you saw someone sitting on this table?" She asked the both of them while pointing at the table beside them and they both shrugged. "Ah, am I confused in the tables?" She asked herself but was heard by both of them.

"Umm, excuse me, but what is your table number?" Yujin asked. "It's 4. I hope this one is 4, or no?" The female asked while pointing at the table beside them and Jeongin's eyes widened. He gulped but chose to say nothing. "Ours is table number 5." Jeongin said. "We saw no one on this table. We even have ordered food and waiting for it. We have been sitting here for the past twenty minutes or so, but no one has come." He blabbered and the female nodded unsurely and went away.

"So, what are your hobbies?" Jeongin asked the female and to say that he was getting irritated will be an understatement. From the time they have started to talk, she has been too informal. Too much for his liking. "Studying, exercising, painting, yoga, ballet, playing piano, etc." Jeongin nodded. "E-Etc?" She nodded while walking down. "You are really pretty, you know?" He tried flirting, but she nodded. "I know. I keep hearing that a lot of times."

Jeongin smiled trying to hide his irritated face and then looked back at her. "You know, something is wrong with my phone, it doesn't have your number in it." Jeongin smirked recalling this line which Hyunjin used on Iseul when they were at the Amusement park (😱Contradicting reference!) but instead received a bombastic side eye from her.

"You should give it for some service, but wait- you never asked for my number, though." Yujin stopped walking and turned to him. "So, can you give me your number?" Jeongin asked while fiddling his fingers and Yujin smiled slightly. "Cute." She said and passed her phone to him, who's ears were red from embarrassment. He sent a missed call to his phone and showed it to her. "Let's hang out with each other more."

Jeongin walked away, all giggly and happy and Yujin smiled watching him walk away. She saw a boy, all dressed up running towards the entrance of the restaurant. "Make way!" He yelled rudely to everyone on his way and Yujin made a face. She looked back at Jeongin, who was at his car now and then turned for the final time and waved at her, which she returned back before turning around and sitting in her own car. The driver drove away unaware of the fact that a boy walked out of the restaurant and was talking to his father while crying.

"D-Dad, my date ran away with her boyfriend!"