Pt. 5

Art by @/Howltoo from Reddit
~~~

Chatterbox's internal conflict is intense. Despite the bet and his usual antics, he can't shake the guilt from playing Valicia. Every time he sees his friends, he puts on a confident front, masking his true feelings. Inside, though, he's torn between his loyalty to his friends and the unexpected emotions he's developed for Valicia.

As Kirk bursts into the fun house, his voice echoes through the space, recounting the events of the rooftop party with exaggerated flair. Chatterbox tries to play it cool, forcing a smile and nodding along, but each boast from Kirk feels like a knife twisting deeper. His friends laugh and cheer, unaware of the turmoil churning inside him.

Kirk, still grinning, turns to Chatterbox and asks, "So, what's the next move, bro? You think it worked? Is Val hooked?"

Chatterbox forces a casual shrug, hiding the conflict within him. "Yeah, we'll see. Just gotta keep up the act, I guess."

Inside, he's unsure of what he really wants.

Kirk narrows his eyes at Chatterbox, suspicion creeping into his voice. "You don't got feelings for her, do you, Chatty?"

Chatterbox forces a laugh, shaking his head. "Nah, man. Just playing the game," he replies, but the unease in his gut tells a different story. He hopes his friends don't catch on to his inner turmoil.

Chatty stands up abruptly, forcing a grin. "Let's go yuck with her, then," he says, trying to sound casual. He heads toward the door, hoping the action will distract his friends from their suspicions and his own conflicted feelings. Kirk and Twinkles follow, their laughter filling the air, while Chatty's mind races with uncertainty about what he's getting himself into.

The trio heads to the nearest pay phone, Chatterbox's heart pounding in his chest. As they arrive, he picks up the receiver, takes a deep breath, and dials Valicia's number. With Kirk and Twinkles watching, he puts on his best "Charles" voice.

"Hey, Valicia," he says, trying to sound suave.

"Hi who is this?" Val says

"It's Charles. I had a great time at the party. How about we meet up again?"

Valicia answers, her voice bright with happiness. "Hey, Charles! I had a great time too. I'd love to meet up again."

Her friends, sensing her excitement, gather around, whispering and giggling, curious about the mystery man she's talking to. Valicia, trying to keep her composure, glances at them with a smile.

Chatterbox, hearing the genuine joy in her voice, feels a pang of guilt but pushes through. "How about we meet at the pier tomorrow night? Just you and me," he suggests, trying to keep his tone steady.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then Charles"

"What an idiot" chatty says as him and the boys go back to the funhouse planning tomorrow.
~~~~

Short chapter sorry!!

I'm probably going to keep it at a chapter a day. The next one will go up tomorrow night. I have a really busy day at work tomorrow.