Pt. 9

Valicia stood at the pier, the gentle sound of the waves mingling with the distant chatter of people. She let the cool breeze wash over her, hoping it would clear her mind. A thousand thoughts swirled within her, the events of the past few days replaying in her head like a whirlwind. The clown games, the victory, the beach hangout with her friends—all of it felt like a blur.

Her phone buzzed, pulling her out of her reverie. She glanced at the screen and saw Timothy's name flashing. Taking a deep breath, she answered.

"Hey, Tim," she said, trying to sound more composed than she felt.

"Val, we need to talk," Timothy's voice was urgent but concerned. "Something's come up. Can you meet me at the taco spot?"

Valicia ended the call and slid her phone into her pocket. With a determined sigh, she headed to her car, the familiar hum of the engine grounding her as she started the drive to the taco spot. Her thoughts continued to race, but she tried to focus on the road ahead. Whatever Timothy needed to talk about, it must be important.

As she pulled up to the taco spot, she saw Timothy waiting outside, his expression serious. She parked and got out of the car, walking over to him with a mix of curiosity and concern. "What's going on, Tim?" she asked, her voice steady despite the uncertainty she felt.

Timothy took a deep breath, glancing around to make sure no one was listening. "The other day, I was at the burger shop, and Chatterbox was there with Twinkles and Kirk. They were talking about Charles. Val, Chatterbox is Charles."

Valicia's heart sank. She felt a wave of betrayal, hurt, and anger wash over her. "What do you mean, Timmy?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"I overheard them talking," Timothy continued, his eyes filled with concern. "Chatterbox was boasting about how he tricked you at the masked party, how he pretended to be someone else. He's been playing both roles this whole time."

Valicia's mind raced as she tried to process the revelation. The memories of her interactions with Charles and Chatterbox collided, pieces of a puzzle she hadn't realized were connected. "I can't believe this," she whispered, feeling a mix of rage and sadness welling up inside her.

"I knew he hated me, but I never thought..." Valicia cut herself off, the words catching in her throat. "Tim, I actually fell for him. How can I be so stupid?" She felt her blood boiling, anger flooding her senses.

"Val, calm down, okay?" Timothy pleaded, his voice steady but urgent.
"CALM DOWN?!" Valicia exploded. "I'm going to kill him, Timothy!" She pulled out her phone, her hands shaking as she dialed Chatterbox's number.

Meanwhile, Timothy quickly took out his own phone, dialing the rest of their friends. "Guys, we need you at the taco spot, now," he said, his tone conveying the urgency of the situation.

As Valicia waited for Chatterbox to pick up, her heart pounded in her chest. The anger was almost overwhelming, but she knew she needed answers. She needed to confront him.

Chatterbox answered on the third ring, his voice casual and unsuspecting.

"Hey, Val. What's up?"
Valicia's grip tightened on the phone, her voice cold and cutting. "We need to talk. Now. Meet me at the taco spot."

There was a pause on the other end.
"Uh, sure. Is everything okay?"
"Just get here," Valicia snapped, hanging up before he could respond.

Timothy returned to her side, having notified their friends. "They're on their way," he said, his tone gentle but firm.

"Val, we'll get through this together."

Valicia nodded, her anger simmering just beneath the surface. She knew this confrontation was going to be explosive, but she had to face Chatterbox— Charles-and make him answer for his deception.