Pt. 10

After gathering alcohol and food, Valicia took a deep breath and texted her group chat, "Hey everyone, meet me at the beach tonight. Make sure you have swimsuits on. We need to have some fun."

She then logged onto Twatter and posted, "Random beach party tonight! Alcohol and food provided. Anyone want to perform? Let's make it a night to remember!"

Feeling a mix of nervousness and anticipation, Valicia hoped this party would help her reconnect with her friends and maybe start to heal the wounds from the past week. As the sun began to set, she made her way to the beach, setting up the drinks and snacks, and waited for everyone to arrive.

Chatterbox saw Valicia's Twat about the beach party and immediately called Kirk and Twinkles. "Hey, we're going to that beach party tonight," he told them.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Twinkles asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"I need to talk to her," Chatterbox replied. "She's the only thing that's been on my mind. I have to try to make things right."

Kirk and Twinkles exchanged glances but agreed. They knew how much Valicia meant to Chatterbox, and despite everything, they wanted to support him.

As the sun began to set, the three of them headed to the beach, hoping for a chance to talk to Valicia and maybe start to mend the broken pieces.

The beach was buzzing with energy as people mingled, enjoying the food and drinks. Valicia, satisfied with the turnout, scanned the crowd and spotted her friends arriving. Already feeling the effects of the alcohol, she ran toward them, her emotions heightened by the tipsiness.

"Guys!" she called out, her voice carrying a mix of excitement and remorse. When she reached them, she took a deep breath, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I'm so sorry. I've been such a mess and shut you all out."

Timothy, Gigi, and the rest of the group immediately pulled her into a group hug. "Val, we're just glad you're okay," Timothy said softly. "We've been worried about you."

Valicia nodded, feeling a wave of relief at their support. "Thank you. I needed this, needed you all. Let's just enjoy tonight."

They all agreed, the atmosphere lightening as they moved toward the party, ready to make new memories and heal old wounds.

As they were all drinking and dancing, Valicia caught a glimpse of a mask in the distance. Her heart skipped a beat, and she turned to her friends. "Guys, did y'all see that?" she asked, pointing.

They all looked in the direction she indicated and saw what she was talking about. Sensing her unease, they quickly tried to distract her. April suggested, "Hey, let's all go into the water and swim!"

Timothy and Gigi immediately agreed, pulling Valicia towards the ocean. "Come on, Val! Let's have some fun!" Gigi urged, trying to keep the mood light.

Reluctantly, Valicia let herself be dragged towards the water, hoping to shake off the unsettling feeling and just enjoy the moment with her friends.

"Everybody give it up for Fanny!" The crowd cheered as Fanny stepped up to the microphone and started singing "Southside," one of her favorite songs. Valicia, caught up in the excitement, grabbed Timothy's arm and started running, laughing, and singing along with her friend.

After the song ended, Valicia decided to grab another drink. Chatterbox, seeing her step away from the group, took the opportunity to approach her.

Valicia was at the drink table, pouring herself a cup when she felt a presence behind her. She turned and saw Chatterbox, his eyes filled with a mix of hope and regret.

"Val, can we talk?" he asked, his voice tentative.

She stared at him for a moment, her emotions a whirlwind. The beach party, the music, the alcohol—all of it seemed to blur as she faced the man who had caused her so much pain.

"Yeah, we can," Valicia replied, her voice steady despite the turmoil inside her. She led Chatterbox a little away from the crowd, finding a quieter spot on the beach.

As they stood there, the waves crashing softly in the background, Chatterbox took a deep breath. "Val, I'm really sorry for everything. I never wanted to hurt you. What started as a stupid bet turned into something real for me. I fell for you."

Valicia crossed her arms, looking at him with a mixture of hurt and skepticism. "Why didn't you stop then? Why keep up the lie?"

Chatterbox looked down, ashamed. "I was scared. Scared that if I told you the truth, you'd never forgive me. But I see now that I've already lost you by lying."

She sighed, the weight of the past few weeks pressing down on her. "You broke my trust, Chatty. I don't know if I can forgive you, but I appreciate the apology."

He nodded, his eyes reflecting his regret. "I understand. Just know that I'm truly sorry, and I'll do whatever it takes to make it right, even if it means leaving you alone."

Valicia looked out at the ocean, taking in the vastness of it. "I need time. Maybe one day, we can be friends. But right now, I just need space."

Chatterbox nodded again, accepting her words. "Take all the time you need. I'll be here, hoping for a second chance."

With that, Valicia turned and walked back towards her friends, feeling a mix of relief and sadness. As she rejoined the party, she hoped this conversation was the first step towards healing.