Pt. 6

Timothy, ever the protective friend, leans in and suggests, "How about I come along and keep an eye on things? I'll stay hidden, but I just want to make sure you're safe. You never know with these mysterious guys."

Valicia laughs, appreciating his concern. "Alright, Tim, you can be my secret bodyguard. Just don't interfere unless you absolutely have to, okay?"

~~~

At the clothing store, Valicia steps out of the dressing room, wearing the tenth outfit she's tried on. "Okay, this is the tenth outfit I've tried on. Is this good?" she asks, twirling for her friends' opinions.

April and Ray nod approvingly, while Max and Kitty give her a thumbs up. Gigi grins, "I think you've found the one, Val. You look amazing!"

"Okay good, do you think he will like it?" Val ask worried and super nervous.

After Valicia settles on her outfit, she and her friends head out together. They decide to hang out while she takes care of business selling weed to pass the time. They find a spot, chatting and laughing as she handles her transactions smoothly. It's a casual and comfortable atmosphere, with everyone enjoying each other's company.

Valicia's panic sets in as she realizes the oversight. "Wait, guys... I don't even know where we're meeting or the time. I don't have his number!" She starts pacing in circles, her friends exchanging concerned looks.

April tries to calm her down. "It's okay, Val. We'll figure this out. Maybe he'll call or text you soon?"

Valicia nods anxiously, hoping Charles will reach out before their meeting time.

Suddenly, Valicia's phone starts ringing, breaking through her panic. She quickly grabs it, hoping it's Charles.

"Hello?" she answers, trying to keep her voice steady despite her nerves.

"Hey Val, it's me, Charles. Meet me at the pier in 10," the voice on the other end says.

Valicia's heart skips a beat. "Okay, I'll be there," she replies, trying to hide her excitement. She hangs up and turns to her friends, a smile spreading across her face. "He's at the pier. Let's go!"

Valicia and Timothy hop into his car, while her friends wave them off with wishes of good luck. As they drive towards the pier, Valicia turns to Timothy, her nerves showing.

"Timmy, I'm nervous," she admits, fiddling with her hands.

Timothy gives her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Val. I'll be nearby, keeping an eye on things. You've got this."

As they pull up to the pier, Valicia takes a deep breath and heads to the end, her heart racing with anticipation. It's crazy how quickly she's fallen for a guy she doesn't even really know. The ocean breeze adds to her jitters as she stands there, waiting, her thoughts a whirlwind of excitement and anxiety.

"Hey Valicia, you look... wow," a familiar voice says.

She turns around to see Charles standing there, his eyes wide with admiration. Despite the mask, there's something in his posture and voice that makes her heart flutter even more.

"Hi, Charles," she replies with a shy smile, feeling her cheeks warm. "You look great too."

"I feel the same way," Valicia responds, her heart racing as they walk to the end of the pier to watch the sunset together.

"Tell me about yourself, Val," Chatty says, trying to keep the conversation light and genuine, despite the turmoil inside him.

Valicia smiles, looking out at the horizon. "Well, I grew up here in Los Santos. I left for a couple of years to find myself. It's been a wild ride, but I've got my friends and my dreams. I want to make something of myself, you know? What about you, Charles?"

Chatty pauses for a moment, feeling the weight of the lie he has to tell. He takes a deep breath and finally speaks.

"Well, I grew up in a small town outside Los Santos. Moved here a few years ago to find some excitement and new opportunities. I guess I've been trying to figure things out ever since. Just like you, I have some dreams I want to chase." He forces a smile, hoping she doesn't see through his facade.

They sit there for hours, chatting and sharing stories. Valicia is captivated, not realizing that everything she's being told is a lie. As the conversation winds down, she looks at him with a hopeful smile.

"So, can I finally get your number?" she asks.

Before Chatty can concoct another lie to avoid giving her the number she already has, his phone rings. It's Kirk.

"Hold on a sec," Chatty says, pulling out his phone and seeing Kirk's name on the screen. He answers, trying to keep his voice steady. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, I have to go, it's an emergency. I'm so sorry. I will call you, I promise," Chatty says, looking genuinely regretful. He starts to walk away but then stops, unable to let the moment pass without a final gesture.

Turning around, he pulls Valicia in for a kiss. It's tender and filled with a mix of regret and longing. Even though it's only the second time he's kissed her, it feels just as electrifying as the first. As he pulls back, he gives her a soft smile before turning and walking away, his heart heavy with the deceit but also with a strange hope for what could be.