Pt. 11

A month had passed, and Valicia was gradually coming to terms with everything that had happened. Despite the hurt and betrayal, she couldn't shake the feeling of missing Chatterbox. Life had moved on in other ways—she and her friends had finally secured a house together in Vinewood, and her fight club/club was thriving with business booming.

For weeks, she debated whether she should reach out to Chatterbox. The thought gnawed at her, the longing to reconnect battling with her pride and the memory of the pain he caused. One evening, as she walked out of their new house, she made a decision.

Taking a deep breath, Valicia pulled out her phone and dialed his number. The phone rang, and her heart raced with each passing second.

"Cia?" Chatty answered, his voice tinged with surprise and hope.

"Meet me at the pier," Valicia said quickly, then hung up before her nerves could get the better of her. She got into her car, her mind racing as she drove to the pier.

The familiar sights and sounds of the city passed by in a blur. Valicia's thoughts were a whirlwind of anticipation and uncertainty. She parked her car and took a moment to steady herself before walking toward the meeting spot.

As she approached the pier, she saw Chatterbox standing there, looking out over the water. His posture was tense, but when he saw her, his expression softened. Valicia took a deep breath, preparing herself for whatever came next.

"Hi" she says in a small voice

Chatterbox turned to face her, a mix of emotions crossing his face. "Hi," he replied, his voice gentle and tentative.

They stood there for a moment, the sound of the waves filling the silence between them. Valicia looked at him, searching for the right words.

"I've been thinking a lot," she began, her voice still soft but steadier. "About everything that happened. About us."

Chatterbox nodded, his eyes never leaving hers. "Me too, Cia. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you."

Valicia took a deep breath, feeling a mix of vulnerability and determination. "I miss you, Chatty. But I'm still hurt, but I want, I need you in my life. Ever since "Charles" I've been the happiest"

Chatterbox stepped closer, his expression sincere. "I understand. I know I messed up, and I don't expect you to forgive me overnight. But I'm here, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make things right."

Valicia looked into his eyes, seeing the honesty in his words. "I don't know where this will lead, but I think we should start with talking. Really talking."

Chatterbox nodded, a small, hopeful smile forming on his lips. "I'd like that."

They began to walk along the pier, the conversation flowing more easily as they started to reconnect, taking the first steps towards healing and understanding.

~~~

Later that day, Valicia's phone rang again. She glanced at the screen and saw Twinkles' name. Taking a deep breath, she answered.

"Hey, Twinkles," she said, her tone cautious.

"Hey, Val," Twinkles replied, his voice heavy with guilt and emotion. "I... I've been thinking about everything, and I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I hate that I was part of that bet. I never meant to hurt you."

Valicia was silent for a moment, processing his words. "Twinkles, I trusted you. You were my friend, and it felt like you betrayed that."

"I know, and I regret it every day," he admitted. "I miss our friendship, Val. I miss you. I understand if you can't forgive me, but I needed you to know how I feel."

Valicia sighed, feeling a mix of sadness and compassion. "I miss you too, Twinkles. It's going to take time for me to heal and to trust again. But maybe we can start by trying to rebuild our friendship."

Twinkles' voice brightened with hope. "I'd like that. I promise, twinkles will do whatever it takes to make things right."

"Okay," Valicia said softly. "Let's take it one step at a time."

They ended the call with a sense of tentative optimism, both hoping for a chance to mend what had been broken.

Plus you can't really say no to Twinkles... it's twinkles the sweet baby angel

~~~

Sorry it took so long. I've had some person stuff going on.