Chapter 7: Not All Ends Well

Suzie: Ugh, do you think we'll ever be let in?

Todd: We sort of died prematurely... So, I'm not entirely sure.

Debbie: I am sort of surprised I winded up here... I kind of stopped being kind to others...

Three souls are in front of the Pearling Gates, awaiting the afterlife. They had been waiting for years... Months... Days... Seconds...? It was hard to tell how much time they had been waiting for. All they knew was that Cain had gotten them killed, and they didn't get a chance to fully explore the world they had known for almost 2 decades.

Todd: He sighs. While we're here, uh... I just was wondering... Do you two ever want to forgive Cain?

Suzie: Confused on why Todd is asking a sudden question. What?

Debbie: Flinches in disgust, and instantly goes against the desired result. Definitely not. In what world would I do that?!

Todd: Refutes her respectfully. Well... He didn't mean it. Sure, it led to our deaths but... Deep down he was just trying to have fun.

Debbie: Fun is when you play some sort of sport on a court. Fun is when you go out to eat. Fun is when you go online to play virtually with all your friends. Fun is NOT DRIVING A CAR INTO A TRUCK WITH YOUR FRIENDS IN IT!

Suzie: She is conflicted. I'm not sure what to say to that question, Todd...

Todd: It's okay. Debbie, calm down. I just wanted to ask you how you felt about it.

Debbie: She crosses her arms and gets upset, looking away from him. Don't ask questions if you don't want their answers. I'm sorry, but Cain did a VERY bad fuck up by taking our lives. I will never forgive him, EVER.

Todd: But Debbie, what if you had done it-

Debbie: Stupid hypothetical. I would have never done it, because I would think before doing something as dumb and reckless as that. Wasn't I always a "stick in the mud"? Now we're all corpses in the mud, so how do you like THAT?!

Todd: He was speechless. Debbie... I see that your heart is set on the journey to never-ending hatred, so... I won't try to dissuade you. We all have our own thoughts as to what happened, but we shouldn't be clawing at each other, as at least us three made it here together.

Suzie: She smiles. Todd's right. Debbie, none of us killed each other so why should we burn our own separate bridges now?

Debbie: She looks over her shoulder at them, and then sighs, nodding. Okay... I got heated up because... I had dreams! Aspirations! I had things I wanted to do but never got the chance to!

Todd: We all didn't get that chance.

Suzie: What do you mean?! We're above the stars! Isn't that what being an astronaut is all about?

Todd: Hey! He playfully taps Suzie's shoulder as Debbie laughs.

Debbie: Such a shame... I would have loved to see how you two would have worked out... Both of them get instantly disgusted.

Todd: Whoa-

Suzie: No way, him?!

Todd: I could NEVER!

Suzie: Not even while drunk!

Todd: Definitely not!

Debbie: Heh heh, maybe this isn't so bad after all. Spending an eternity torturing you two about your underlying feelings could be sweet.